New to DSLR,need help

1 week 2 days ago #643834 by chapter-shu
Hi,
Im new to DSLR. I used mirrorless when the first time learn photography. Currently i use DSLR eos 200D. The problem is, when im using mirrorless, therr'sonly lcd live view, doesn't bother OVF, n i shot all the photo almost sharp at all. Now when im using DSLR n through OVF, barely sharp even blurred. I usually use digital zoom to lock the focus to be sharp. Now with OVF i can't zoom so can't lock the focus properly. Please tell me how to shot sharply through OVF..
Thanks, best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 1 day ago #644055 by garyrhook
Manual focus or auto-focus?
Single point focus, or multi-point?
What subjects, for example?
What mode are you shooting in?

Photo Comments

1 week 11 hours ago #644146 by chapter-shu
Im into manual focus sir, n use single point focus
For example when i shoot a flower, in mirrorless i can zoom to 10x, so the pic almost finely sharp. Now when i use DSLR via OVF, its really hard to nail it. When the focus beep, i took the shoot but still not as sharp as 10x zoom via LCD. I want to learn shoot via OVF and still. Thats why i bought my first DSLR sir.
Any tips for me?
I use the feel when shoot, but still not really sharp
Thanks, best regards

1 week 9 hours ago #644150 by Nikon Shooter

chapter-shu wrote: Now with OVF i can't zoom so can't lock the focus properly.

Can't your camera zoom the shot at 100%
in the back screen while on LiveView?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster

6 days 15 hours ago #644282 by chapter-shu
yes it can sir
but i want new perspective view from OVF
if i still use lcd screen, then it's still same like im use mirorrless
im asking for advice from senior here, tips tricks to shoot through OVF n still get sharp image
i tried to feel it, but i got 4 of 10
Thanks, Best Regards

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Recommended Gear

Latest Reviews

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

In this Panasonic GH5 review, learn if this camera's features for still photography and videography are still top-of-the-class in 2019.

May 15, 2019

In this Sony a7R III vs Panasonic GH5 comparison, we take a look at the sensor, ISO performance, video capabilities, and image stabilization of these cameras, and much more.

May 10, 2019

In this Nikon D3300 review, learn about this entry-level camera's specifications, features, and performance so you can decide if it's the best beginner camera for you.

Apr 30, 2019

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not sure what kind of camera strap is right for you? In this article, I offer my thoughts of the pros and cons of several common types of camera straps.

May 21, 2019

The brand-new Peak Design Travel Tripod is a game-changing, innovative piece of kit that will influence how tripods are designed for years to come.

May 21, 2019

With these advanced landscape photography tips you'll learn a few techniques for taking landscape photography to the next level.

May 20, 2019

Should you buy a Canon EOS RP or a Nikon Z6? In this EOS RP vs Z6 comparison, we take a look at the specs, performance, and prices of these mirrorless cameras.

May 20, 2019

Photo by Thomas Griggs on Unsplash Easter Island only has 5,700 inhabitants, but the more than 150,000 tourists that visit the...

May 19, 2019

Searching for "photography jobs" and "places hiring near me" is not a good enough strategy for how to find photography jobs. In this article, learn where and how to find the job for you.

May 16, 2019

You're probably familiar with famous photographers like Ansel Adams, but do you know the highest paid photographers of all time? Check this list to find out.

May 16, 2019

What are the best used cameras under $100? There are plenty of choices, but the digital cameras under $100 on this list are both capable and well under budget.

May 16, 2019