Infrared B&W Birds

10 years 2 weeks ago #135139 by robbie
Some old images...dedicated to Marcus Armani... www.armaniphotography.com/gallery/
My mentor when I first started shooting birds and for having the faith in me when I tried combining Ir & Wildlife...a small way of saying 'Thanks'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 weeks ago #135140 by MLKstudios
Wowza! Superb in every way!

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

10 years 2 weeks ago #135141 by Dori
:judge: These shots are stunning!!!

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

10 years 2 weeks ago #135166 by Scotty
Great series!

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #135168 by chasrich
I like em all... Great series. :judge: :thumbsup: :goodpost:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

10 years 2 weeks ago #135232 by robbie
Thanks everyone for those 'awesome' comments,appreciate them.

10 years 2 weeks ago #135237 by Shadowfixer1
Nicely done. Good job!

10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #135335 by robbie
Thanks Randy.

10 years 2 weeks ago #135354 by icepics
I think the first and third ones are particularly well composed w/some lovely detail. I've never done ir but you get some really interesting photos. The infrared works surprisingly well for this subject, at least to me it often looks kind of surreal and I wouldn't necessarily expect that to work so well w/ wildlife. Maybe it works here because the bird is somewhat exotic, and the white feathers balance well against the foliage. Pretty stunning photos.

Sharon
Photo Comments

10 years 2 weeks ago #135358 by McBeth Photography
Amazing set of images Robbie. You're really tempting me to play with IR for a while. I also couldn't agree more with Sharon if I tried!

It is what it is.

10 years 2 weeks ago #135530 by robbie
Thanks again.

10 years 2 weeks ago #136212 by Shanna-Marie
OMG....these are Awesome! Fantastic shooting Robbie! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

The Canon PowerShot G5 X II isn't a professional camera by any means, but if you're looking for a small, capable, compact camera, this might be the one for you.

Sep 02, 2021

If you think a nearly decade-old camera can't still hack it, you're wrong. Though it isn't perfect, the Fujifilm X-E2 is still a solid camera.

Sep 02, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you aren't sure what the difference between photo restoration and photo retouching is, check out this quick explainer guideline.

Sep 20, 2021

With these accessories for micro four-thirds cameras, you'll be able to improve your workflow and expand the functionality of your camera.

Sep 17, 2021

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 II is now six years old, but despite that, it still has many capabilities and features that make it a good option for today's beginner and enthusiast photographers.

Sep 17, 2021

One of the most common ways of upselling clients is to offer prints. But how to get your clients to buy more prints can be a mystery. Here's how.

Sep 16, 2021

The Nikon Z50 is a high-quality and affordable camera. Learn about the Nikon Z50 pros, cons, specs, and pricing in this quick guide.

Sep 16, 2021

With these wedding photography accessories, you'll not only look good, but you'll also have gear that helps improve your workflow.

Sep 16, 2021

There are many benefits of buying used lenses, not the least of which is that you can save some money. Check out this guide for even more reasons to buy used.

Sep 15, 2021

Understanding what to charge for commercial real estate photography services is paramount to your success - now and in the future.

Sep 14, 2021