What was Canon thinking with the Canon EOS 5D Mark III???

12 years 1 month ago #214940 by CanonKid
I've heard such mixed reviews on this camera. I'm not sure I'm going to be running to the store for this camera.

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #221633 by Stealthy Ninja
DXO score is out.

If I remember correctly I picked this result exactly: 81.

Scotty predicted 85.

BTW D800 got 95.
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #222136 by Colourful Photography

Stealthy Ninja wrote: DXO score is out.

If I remember correctly I picked this result exactly: 81.

Scotty predicted 85.

BTW D800 got 95.

5DIII got only 81?!

Obviously someone at DxO is being paid by Nikon to fudge the results. It's obviously bias and totally unscientific. I mean the 5Diii outsells the D800 25:1 according to Canon rumours Facebook page...

There's no way the 5DIII could have a worse sensor than the D800! The jpeg comparisons at 100% without resizing to compare how they'd look at an equivalent print all show the 5DIII has better in camera NR than the Nikon. Obviously the Canon is better. Sure the D800 has more details, better Dynamic range, especially in the shadows and better per print noise; but Canon is better because it hass got less noise, 10 more AF points and 2fps more and everyone knows 22MP is all you need for anything.

Canon are also better than Nikon because they have better ergonomics and the wheel is better than the joystick. I mean what is this 1984?

In conclusion, DxO can't be trusted. Like all scientists they lie to please their obvious employers. In this case it's pretty obvious Nikon are bribing them to give unfair results.

Typical DxO lab tech:

I'm colour blind, but it doesn't keep me from exploring the wonderfully colourful world around us. :)
12 years 1 week ago #222140 by Stealthy Ninja
12 years 1 week ago #222154 by Henry Peach

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Wow. Art Wolfe potentially going nikon. :thumbsup:

Is Nikon going to pay for his TV show? I would think if they were interested in doing a TV show they could have already found a photographer with more sex appeal.
11 years 11 months ago #225098 by Chuck Alaimo Photography
the responses here are so much more tame than over on canon rumors.
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #225130 by Henry Peach
All my cameras go to 11!

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

from "This Is Spinal Tap"
11 years 11 months ago #225269 by Stealthy Ninja

Chuck Alaimo Photography wrote: the responses here are so much more tame than over on canon rumors.

The canon rumors guy is a fanboy.
11 years 11 months ago #225297 by icepics
These go to eleven! :rofl: - haven't seen that movie in a long time. But that makes about as much sense sometimes as a good bit of what's on the web. :lol:

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #225300 by Scotty
I've actually used one. It is a great cam.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 11 months ago #225352 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I've actually used one. It is a great cam.

Pics or it didn't happen. :banana:
11 years 11 months ago #225353 by Litebox Fotos
Is it true you have to open your 5Diii and put tape on it to get it to work properly?

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024