Card problem???

12 years 3 months ago #190465 by Dori
Last night our Son Graduated from HS!!!! I check my settings everything was perfect!! I challenged myself not to chimp. Stupid move on my part. Tried to access the shots this morning and got a corrupt file error? :pinch: :pinch: :( :(
My shots from the other day are still there and viable. I always format the card in the camera. Any ideas?

thanks

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #190473 by Baydream
Was the access error on the camera or PC, or both?

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190479 by Dori
Both. I put the card in the card reader and got the error. I thought maybe my card reader had gone haywire so connected the cam to the puter, same thing. Looked at the shots on the cam, nothing, like I had never taken the shots???????? :blink:

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #190487 by Baydream
Almost sounds like the card connection was bad (maybe dirty).

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190493 by Dori
I sure hope so. I don't understand why I can see the older shots tho. Can cards get bad sectors?
I wouldn't think so....

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #190499 by chasrich
You might try a low level format on the PC. I'm wondering if camera formats really format or simply clean the directory. Try writing and then retrieving files on it to verify it is working good. I would suspect this is a one time glitch but HEY - you can't be too careful with photos - right?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 months ago #190503 by Dori
Thanks Charles. It blows if I can't get these. Sam was so proud of himself last night.

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #190572 by TheNissanMan
I can't remember any of the names as I have woken up at a stupid time in the morning, currently5:24 and already on my second cup of coffee which isn't good as a 2 hour drive to another club photo zoo meet today but before you do anything with the card there is recovery software available which is worth trying so you can get your images back...

It's not all lost yet!

12 years 3 months ago #190622 by john_m
Damn that sucks Dori. I hope you recover all the photos and congratulations to Sam and to you..

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 3 months ago #190627 by Baydream

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190687 by Dori
Tried, no dice. Got half of the shot. Cut off, not the full frame. Oh, well, new card time.

Thanks guys!

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 3 months ago #190702 by Baydream
:(

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #190838 by Dori
Thanks. But at least my Mother in Law got some! As you said, all is not lost.

Resident Texasotan...

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024