First mirrorless with space for growth into real estate photography(Fuji x-t30?)

11 months 3 weeks ago #667703 by MoodyEvie
I've been reading and researching, but without your help, I don't think I'll ever make up my mind.
There are some good deals at the moment and I am eyeing Fujifilm x-t30. I loved it after watching some real world use examples until I started reading reviews how flawed this camera is.

I want something I can grow with for years to come. I have small hands (very small person, generally), therefore, I felt camera was very comfortable to hold, however, I didn't use it. This would be my first camera with interchangeable lenses, so I am not ready for an advanced camera, but also any kind of beginner camera makes me slightly nauseaus. Again, I want a high quality long term investment. Budget? If it is worth it, then up to £1500 with a lense... But X-T3 isn't worth it for me without image stabilisation and front-facing screen, but any other suggestions will be appreciated.

I would be mainly a travel photographer, like to do some personal portraits (also, any type front facing screen would be a dream, but I am willing to give this up for sharp colorful photos - what's the right term for that? Smartphone control is a must), but I much more prefer urban photography (therefore small size and silent modes are very much wanted) and landscapes. Size is important to me - I will never carry big camera anywhere with me, but small-ish will always be around. Often I encounter low light environments - live in North. Not much sun here.

I have an interest in real estate photography, but I never had the tools for it. So I want this new camera to allow me to step into that. That seems to be possible with Fujifilm x-t30; full frames are definitely not necessary. I considered Sony a7 cameras,but something is just stopping me here (I have very little knowledge and experience, but I don't love Sony colors... and batteries seem to be a joke). I don't want my camera system to empty all my pockets and Fuji seems a bit more expensive than other brands...? But what else to go for?

But any advice is ... NEEDED!

P.S. If I get your support about buying x-t30, then is it worth buying a slightly more expensive bundle with XF 18-55 mm lense or a bundle with 2 beginner lenses: XC15-45mm and 50-230mm? (although after watching some youtube video I learned that XC 50-230 isn't all that bad, unless it's low light, but I also realize I'll need to invest into a proper wide angle lens for the real estate... )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #668402 by Chris Briggs
Have you considered buying used?  Fujifilm makes really good cameras and there are a ton of lens options for you.  Canon has a number of mirrorless options, including that RP which get's pretty decent reviews.   Canon has a nice lens selection too. That would fall under your $1500 budget especially if you go used.  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The GoPro Hero 8 Black has since been replaced with the Hero 9 Black, but it's still a feature-rich action camera with plenty of mods to make it a great camera for you.

Nov 16, 2020

The Sony a9 II is a feature-rich full frame camera with superb image quality and video performance. In this review, learn all about its specs and capabilities.

Nov 12, 2020

In this Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 review, we'll look at the specs, features, build quality, price and more of this affordable camera for vloggers.

Nov 11, 2020

Is the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV the right camera for you? Or should you opt for the cheaper Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III? Find out in this review!

Nov 09, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

If you need some stocking stuffer ideas for your photography friends (or non-photography friends, for that matter...) check out this list of awesome Holdfast products.

Nov 23, 2020

With these holiday promo ideas for photographers, you'll get some solid ideas for boosting business as 2020 comes to a close.

Nov 23, 2020

Learning how to use a slider should begin with some basic slider techniques. Get some tips, tricks, and insights on simple slider shots in this quick tutorial.

Nov 23, 2020

Acrylic prints can be a beautiful addition to your home. But if you've never bought one, you probably have acrylic print questions. Get the answers you need in this buyer's guide.

Nov 20, 2020

To stabilize a camera doesn't always mean having a tripod. Instead, there are many tripod alternatives and makeshift tripods you can use to stabilize your camera.

Nov 20, 2020

What is focal length? How does it differ from effective focal length? In this tutorial, we'll shed light on the differences between the two.

Nov 17, 2020

These underused Photoshop tools can help you unlock your creativity and create more impactful images.

Nov 17, 2020

Search no more for the best laptops for photographers under $1000. This list includes five of the top picks based on specs, features, and price.

Nov 16, 2020