Love or Hate Adobe?

13 years 3 months ago #20872 by Tgauge9
Adobe software is great no doubt. Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc. are all best-in-class graphic and photo art applications.

Every time a new release is announced I cringe! I know after trying out the products, I must have them! In my studio we have 4 PC’s and 4 Mac’s. Adobe only allows cross license on Lightroom. The CS Suite and Photoshop applications must be purchased for the PC and MAC separately. Adobe does allow running two copies of each license thinking one is on the desktop and one mobile.

We always pay for what we use and don’t allow any rouge downloads. Keep it clean and legal. So easy come easy go! The trial period for CS Suite Premium was up today. Just sent Adobe store over $1,800 and that was just for the upgrades. Over the years I guess we have invested well over $20,000 on Adobe products. Who says software only products don’t pay!

13 years 3 months ago #20879 by photobod
Personally I love Adobe products and use em, as for legal, yes every time.:banana: :banana: :banana:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #20913 by Kris4pics
I understand what you mean. I personally love to hate them. lol I love the products, but hate the prices.

13 years 3 months ago #20914 by Kris4pics
Makes you wonder why Adobe sells photoshop at a higher price then lightroom. I know photoshop can do more, but still. It's a big difference.

13 years 3 months ago #20915 by Tgauge9

Kris4pics wrote: Makes you wonder why Adobe sells photoshop at a higher price then lightroom. I know photoshop can do more, but still. It's a big difference.

I agree. They could lower the price on the whole suite just a tad. But I guess that is asking too much.

13 years 3 months ago #20934 by Scotty

Kris4pics wrote: Makes you wonder why Adobe sells photoshop at a higher price then lightroom. I know photoshop can do more, but still. It's a big difference.

The amount of research and development, plus coding that goes into photoshop is a lot more extreme than lightroom.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #20964 by Baydream
Off on a slight tangent about photo editors: Anyone use Corel Photo Pro X3? What's your opinion.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #21093 by Stealthy Ninja
When you buy the master suite, start saving for the next update. That's what I do. ;)
13 years 3 months ago #21117 by photobod

Stealthy Ninja wrote: When you buy the master suite, start saving for the next update. That's what I do. ;)

What does that mean SN, "saving" whatever it is Ive never done it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 3 months ago #21121 by Stealthy Ninja

photobod wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: When you buy the master suite, start saving for the next update. That's what I do. ;)

What does that mean SN, "saving" whatever it is Ive never done it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LOL it's like when instead of buying something with a credit card and paying it off bit by bit, you collect the money bit by bit THEN use the money to buy that thing.

It's how you can avoid your wife seeing the credit card statement. :whistle:
13 years 2 months ago #24249 by 3p34nn

:agree:

13 years 2 months ago #24323 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

photobod wrote:

LOL it's like when instead of buying something with a credit card and paying it off bit by bit, you collect the money bit by bit THEN use the money to buy that thing.

Then she finds out anyways, and you don't know about it, until she decides to use it against you.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #24483 by Yasko
Thankfully my wife's a full time student so CS5 was uber cheap. Well, relatively so. Thanks baby! :thumbsup:

13 years 2 months ago #25208 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

photobod wrote:

Then she finds out anyways, and you don't know about it, until she decides to use it against you.

LOL not if you leave the receipts at work. ;)
13 years 2 months ago #27292 by effron
It's how you can avoid your wife seeing the credit card statement. :whistle:[/quote]

Not a problem with me......:unsure:

Reply to original question, I love Adobe.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024