Lightroom support Nikon D850 RAW files?

6 years 6 months ago #546284 by Alex
I'm excited to share some of the D850 photos I've taken however can't open in Lightroom.  I've downloaded the Camera Raw 9.12.1 and still no dice.  

I don't suppose anyone has some insight on how to download and edit D850 RAW files?  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546295 by Alex
Seems like I found my answer.  Not what I was hoping either:  blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/09...0-and-lightroom.html

Looks like I'll be picking up Capture One!  

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546446 by garyrhook
Has LR ever supported a new camera body at announce time? At least for Nikon?

One can't help but wonder if part of the problem is that the manufacturers don't play well with them regarding early NDA info for their products.

That said, Adobe seems to have a lot of issues. I'm not entirely sure their engineers know what they're doing.

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546454 by Shadowfixer1
You can use a exif editor to change the camera type from D850 to D810 or something like that and you can then process the image in Lightroom or Photoshop. I suspect there will be an update within a week or so for camera support. 
6 years 6 months ago #546458 by Screamin Scott

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546466 by EOS Man
Didn't Sony have the same issue with the A7 series when it first launched too?  

5D Mark II | 50mm f/1.4 EX | 24-70mm f/2.8L | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 430EX
Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546475 by Shadowfixer1

EOS Man wrote: Didn't Sony have the same issue with the A7 series when it first launched too?  

It happens for all newly introduced cameras regardless of brand.
6 years 6 months ago #546491 by Alex

Screamin Scott wrote: Just saw this Alex...

nikonrumors.com/2017/10/17/new-batch-of-...unced-tomorrow.aspx/

Good find...  Well I guess I better cross my fingers tonight!  Lightroom is due for a good update, hopefully the programmers at Adobe will address speed issues as well.   

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546504 by Overread
Lightroom is so far behind, it would be nice that their update starts utilizing computers with more resources to speed it up!

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546577 by J Photo Man
For this update, will this happen automatically or will you need to manually update?  

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546583 by garyrhook
Just got an email about an update to "Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC". <rolls eyes>.  And they're apparently working on a new Lightroom CC service.

Sounds like anyone that needs new camera support should update through the CC app.

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546584 by Shadowfixer1
There is now a Lightroom Classic which is like the old subscription based Lightroom and a new Lightroom CC which adds cloud based storage of images. I know you could do it before but the new version streamlines that process. I will not be using the cloud based service. That service will burn through a lot of data. They have added masking features to Lightroom now. I haven't tried it yet but some are saying it works great. 

PS. It now supports the D850
6 years 6 months ago #546599 by Alex
Sweet!  I'll be diving into this later this afternoon.  Thanks for the heads up.  

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546600 by Screamin Scott
In the process of updating my CC as I type...

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
6 years 6 months ago #546602 by Screamin Scott

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024