What version of Photoshop did you get started on?

1 year 5 months ago #618478 by Amy Porter
Watching that other Photoshop post here had me thinking about how long it's been.  I want to say it was around 2001 that I got started with Photoshop 6.0

What about you?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago #618485 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Amy

I'm happy enough with PS Elements - it gives me heaps more tools than I will ever need. Started with v5, went to v8, then to v11 - hated the new menu / screen layout so erased it and returned to v8. It'll do me

ps- I also use ULead photoexpress for some functions that do not exist in PS - a great bit of under-rated software
Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

1 year 5 months ago #618493 by Frederick Images
7.0 for me

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618522 by Ian Stone
5.5 for me

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618622 by Randall McNabb
5.0!   Old timer here

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618625 by Fess Walker
Oh great question, 2004 was the year.  Can't remember the version.  

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618711 by Roblane
5.0 here. It's been a long time!

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618834 by Jakov Barnes
dang, good question.  8.0?  

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #618856 by Shadowfixer1
5.0 for me.

1 year 5 months ago #619098 by Hoss
Photoshop was about 6 years ago and Lightroom was 4 maybe 5 years ago?  Shortly after Photoshop. 

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #619581 by effron
Photoshop 4.0

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #619582 by effron

Jakov Barnes wrote: dang, good question.  8.0?  

That'd be CS

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #619748 by Number 7
7.0 here

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #621059 by Foxy Girl
I want to say 6.5.  This is a good question.  I need to go back and check.  I know the version I picked up, was even a delay from an earlier version that I did nothing with.  So if 6.5 is the case, it was 6.0 that I bought Photoshop for first time.  

Photo Comments

1 year 5 months ago #621267 by Miss Polly
6.0 for me 

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020