So tired of Adobe Lightroom

4 years 7 months ago #658787 by CaptNemo
I bought a new MacBook Pro 3 months ago.  I have very few programs on this computer and I have had nothing but problems with Lightroom.  I can be using it for 5 minutes and just looking at photos or working on an image and it just closes out on me.  I have jumped on call with Adobe and they couldn't figure it out.  Because all 3 times I called them, Lightroom didn't shut down once while on the phone.  Then the rep is like, "Call us when it happens again so we can see what is happening".  Well I have 3 times.  This is getting old. 

Rant over, I'm going out.  

P.S.  It just happened again, just prior to this post.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658793 by Nikon Shooter
Since the CS6 Creative Suite Master Collection, I too got
the idea to switch to other solutions.

My found solutions — that have grown joyfully with time,
include the Sérif Affinity Suite made of Affinity Photo, Af-
finity Designer, and Affinity Publisher, and the jewel solu-
tion from Phase One: Capture One.

On my Macs, from the older to the latest, all purring! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658802 by CaptNemo
Yeah, turns out after reading around, that others have had similar issues and jumping ship.  I heard about the software you mentioned and something called Exposure X4.  I'm in research mode now.   Thanks again.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658804 by garyrhook
There are a number of other editors, many/most with free trials.

Unfortunately, none do everything that LR does (mainly cataloging) but we can only hope that's a matter of time.

Unfortunate that it's being difficult for you. I run mine on Windows 64 and have no trouble. My only suggestions are to (a) reinstall, and (b) google for others having similar problems. Perhaps someone will have a solution.

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658821 by Greg Friedman
There's another thread here with a free Lightroom alternative.  I was just reading an article about Xposure X4.  You have options.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658837 by effron

garyrhook wrote: Unfortunate that it's being difficult for you. I run mine on Windows 64 and have no trouble..

I too run PS and LR on a Windows system, no issues....
Maybe the issue is the  MacBook Pro?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658905 by Joslyn
:thumbsup:   Didn't know myself.  Good to know

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #658907 by Nikon Shooter

effron wrote: Maybe the issue is the  MacBook Pro?

:duel:

:P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #659272 by Kate Stailey

Greg Friedman wrote: There's another thread here with a free Lightroom alternative.  I was just reading an article about Xposure X4.  You have options.  

:agree:

https://exposure.software/exposure/

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #659309 by Ontherocks
This space is getting more and more competitive.   Won't be surprised to see Adobe knocked off their thrown in the next 5 years.  

Photo Comments
4 years 7 months ago #659573 by ebyelyakov
I evicted Lr from all my computers four or so years ago, after finally getting sick of this slow and buggy monstrosity and have never looked back. Capture One is my joy in love for all things related to RAW processing. As an image viewer (or culling tool when I want to quickly go thorough thousand images on an SD card before moving selects into C1 session) - I am perfectly content with Bridge.

4 years 7 months ago #659574 by ebyelyakov

Ontherocks wrote: This space is getting more and more competitive.   Won't be surprised to see Adobe knocked off their thrown in the next 5 years.  

I doubt PS is at risk but who knows, maybe Snap Seed kids will rule the world after the old generation who won't stop using Photoshop is no more :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024