So tired of Adobe Lightroom

8 months 2 weeks ago #658787 by CaptNemo
I bought a new MacBook Pro 3 months ago.  I have very few programs on this computer and I have had nothing but problems with Lightroom.  I can be using it for 5 minutes and just looking at photos or working on an image and it just closes out on me.  I have jumped on call with Adobe and they couldn't figure it out.  Because all 3 times I called them, Lightroom didn't shut down once while on the phone.  Then the rep is like, "Call us when it happens again so we can see what is happening".  Well I have 3 times.  This is getting old. 

Rant over, I'm going out.  

P.S.  It just happened again, just prior to this post.  

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #658793 by Nikon Shooter
Since the CS6 Creative Suite Master Collection, I too got
the idea to switch to other solutions.

My found solutions — that have grown joyfully with time,
include the Sérif Affinity Suite made of Affinity Photo, Af-
finity Designer, and Affinity Publisher, and the jewel solu-
tion from Phase One: Capture One.

On my Macs, from the older to the latest, all purring! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658802 by CaptNemo
Yeah, turns out after reading around, that others have had similar issues and jumping ship.  I heard about the software you mentioned and something called Exposure X4.  I'm in research mode now.   Thanks again.  

Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658804 by garyrhook
There are a number of other editors, many/most with free trials.

Unfortunately, none do everything that LR does (mainly cataloging) but we can only hope that's a matter of time.

Unfortunate that it's being difficult for you. I run mine on Windows 64 and have no trouble. My only suggestions are to (a) reinstall, and (b) google for others having similar problems. Perhaps someone will have a solution.

Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658821 by Greg Friedman
There's another thread here with a free Lightroom alternative.  I was just reading an article about Xposure X4.  You have options.  

Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658837 by effron

garyrhook wrote: Unfortunate that it's being difficult for you. I run mine on Windows 64 and have no trouble..

I too run PS and LR on a Windows system, no issues....
Maybe the issue is the  MacBook Pro?

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658905 by Joslyn
:thumbsup:   Didn't know myself.  Good to know

Photo Comments

8 months 2 weeks ago #658907 by Nikon Shooter

effron wrote: Maybe the issue is the  MacBook Pro?

:duel:

:P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

8 months 1 week ago #659272 by Kate Stailey

Greg Friedman wrote: There's another thread here with a free Lightroom alternative.  I was just reading an article about Xposure X4.  You have options.  

:agree:

https://exposure.software/exposure/

Photo Comments

8 months 1 week ago #659309 by Ontherocks
This space is getting more and more competitive.   Won't be surprised to see Adobe knocked off their thrown in the next 5 years.  

Photo Comments

8 months 1 week ago #659573 by ebyelyakov
I evicted Lr from all my computers four or so years ago, after finally getting sick of this slow and buggy monstrosity and have never looked back. Capture One is my joy in love for all things related to RAW processing. As an image viewer (or culling tool when I want to quickly go thorough thousand images on an SD card before moving selects into C1 session) - I am perfectly content with Bridge.

8 months 1 week ago #659574 by ebyelyakov

Ontherocks wrote: This space is getting more and more competitive.   Won't be surprised to see Adobe knocked off their thrown in the next 5 years.  

I doubt PS is at risk but who knows, maybe Snap Seed kids will rule the world after the old generation who won't stop using Photoshop is no more :)

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many reasons why you should print on metal, including the durability and uniqueness of metal prints, as well as all the options you have for customizing your print.

May 29, 2020

Razer has unleashed the 2020 version of their Blade 15 Studio, and it is an incredible machine with the power visual creatives need.

May 29, 2020

Taking self-portraits requires the right gear and the right approach. Get critical portrait photography tips in this quick how-to guide.

May 28, 2020

Investing in right lights for YouTube video production is one of the best things you can do to improve the quality of your videos. Which right lights are right for you though? Find out in this buyer's guide!

May 28, 2020

Canvas or paper prints can be a nice addition to your home, but each one has distinct advantages and disadvantages that are helpful to know before you buy.

May 27, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020