Which Programs do you use ?

12 years 11 months ago #74405 by Joshwell
For editing and for organizing ?

and is there a program to do both?

12 years 11 months ago #74407 by Jayyyyyyy
Lightroom can do both.

12 years 11 months ago #74437 by chasrich
I use ACDsee for a quick viewer and organizer.

Paint Shop Pro for in depth editing.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 11 months ago #74439 by Stealthy Ninja
Yeh Lightroom or Aperture (Mac Only) will do both.

Myself I use Lightroom and Photoshop.

I also use the following programs for work:
Final Cut Pro
Motion
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
Aftereffects
Illustrator
InDesign
Dreamweaver
Sorenson Squeeze
Plural Eyes
Cyber Duck

and so on...
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #74441 by McBeth Photography

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Yeh Lightroom or Aperture (Mac Only) will do both.

Final Cut Pro
Motion
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
Aftereffects
Illustrator
InDesign
Dreamweaver
Sorenson Squeeze
Plural Eyes
Cyber Duck

and so on...

Do you use the windows gallery edit tools too? lol. I do think that you are one of the best digital editors on the site! I notice that you are great at seeing the details.

It is what it is.
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #74683 by John Landolfi
PS5 and Adobe Bridge, Additionally, HDREfexPro, Photomatix, Define2.0, Color Efex Pro2, etc

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #74815 by Nikonjan
Photoshop CS4, photomatix, Snap Art2, Topaz Simplfiy,Denoise,Adjust,OnOne photosuite 5.Silver fx

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 11 months ago #74833 by McBeth Photography
I must admit that I'm still in the learning curve for editing, going to night school and kinda put the pinch on my time to learn editing.

So far; PS Elements 7
Portrait Professional
Topaz plugin bundle (arriving soon, Thank you Photographytalk.com!)

It is what it is.
12 years 11 months ago #74881 by Nikonjan
Oh, yea, I forgot I have Portrait professional too. Too many things to remember

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 11 months ago #74909 by robbie
Capture One,Silver Efex2,Viveza2,Color Efex3,CS5,Capture NX2,View NX,Onone..Photo Tools,HDR Efex Pro.

12 years 11 months ago #74917 by Trudehell
Gimp and UFRaw for editing, Irfanview for quick editing/opening from Explorer, Picasa for organizing - and LuminanceHDR for playing with HDR.

(I must admit I often miss Photoshop.)

A user friendly computer first requires a friendly user.
12 years 11 months ago #74927 by arvindpassey
To be frank, I am overwhelmed even reading the list of software used... I can fumble my way through Photoshop, Corel Draw, Indesign... and we have a premium account with flickr... and we have our own website: www.passey.info

All other software listed by the evolved photo-souls here are yet undiscovered by me. :)
12 years 10 months ago #75705 by Scotty
Lightroom for organization.

Pure photoshop for the rest. No plug-ins, everything by hand.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #75843 by G edge
Right now I am using paintshop pro for editing. I am trying to decide on photoshop, elements or lightroom.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #76199 by Stealthy Ninja

McBeth Photography wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Yeh Lightroom or Aperture (Mac Only) will do both.

Final Cut Pro
Motion
DVD Studio Pro
Soundtrack Pro
Aftereffects
Illustrator
InDesign
Dreamweaver
Sorenson Squeeze
Plural Eyes
Cyber Duck

and so on...

Do you use the windows gallery edit tools too? lol. I do think that you are one of the best digital editors on the site! I notice that you are great at seeing the details.

What's "windows"? :p

Thanks man, I try to turn off my eyes every night, but I keep seeing things when I'm sleeping. I think I might need to see a doctor or something. :toocrazy: :banana:

Scotty wrote: Lightroom for organization.

Pure photoshop for the rest. No plug-ins, everything by hand.

yet you still manage to make everything look like bad HDR.... :whistle:

J/K Scotty is as good as me at PS. In slightly different areas though.

Still, we look like rank amateurs compared to some of the digital artists out there. Especially the ones who have to make Paris Hilton look human.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024