What's the best program for making a slide show movie for You Tube?

12 years 10 months ago #92087 by Mah and PaH
I just made another post talking about making a portfolio with my best photos. I would like to also make a slide show movie. Any suggestions on what program I should use to make this? I would like to also have sound.

12 years 10 months ago #92091 by MLKstudios
Mac or PC?

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 10 months ago #92127 by Baydream
Picasa (free from Google) has a "movie" creator that has a direct upload to Youtube and you can include sound.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #92137 by MLKstudios
I was going to rec iMovie. You PC people, you!

:)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #92155 by cod
The online service Animoto provides an interesting alternative to a traditional slideshow. Check out some of their sample movies on the site. It's easy to use, but you don't have absolute control over the final product. There is a random factor. You upload your pics, selct the order of pics and style of the video and Animoto does the rest.

Basic, lo-res, 30 sec limit videos are free. Higher quality with no branding costs money, but you have the option of just subscribing for one month only. The results can be interesting.

Chris O'Donoghue
Winnipeg, Canada
codonoghue.prosite.com

12 years 10 months ago #92401 by Shadowfixer1
ProShow Gold or ProShow Producer by Photodex is a great program. I've made several and it has lots of options to choose from. You can download a trial andt give it a try. It will export to Blu-Ray DVD along with many, many other options. I've never met anyone that didn'y like it that's used it.

See link. They have several samples and featured shows you can see. You can also upload to their site so you can share with family and friends.

www.photodex.com/
12 years 10 months ago #92563 by Stealthy Ninja
iphoto (if you have a mac) does a fine job.
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #92575 by MLKstudios
I don't think they're Maccies, SN. As a long time computer user, I'd like to make a point here, if I may. I worked for DEC back in the mainframe days. Big number crunching machines used by banks, nuclear accelerators and George Lucas. They cost $millions.

When the PC came about (by Apple and later a dozen Intel Inside machines), they created support groups. The Mac one was called a MUG for Mac Users Group. I don't remember now what the PC version was called.

But anyway, when people went to the PC groups they learned how to use M$ software. At the MUGs people spoke about what they would do with their Macs. In short, they have a much more creative mindset than the PC group.

I know they USED to cost more, and some think they still can't afford one. But now they don't. An iMac starts at $1199 or so. And it will make you THINK differently.

My additional 2¢ :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024