Photoshop..is it for editing or art?

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #97505 by Maria21
We had a thread a little while back asking if people were using Photoshop to much. I loved the conversation that spun out of it. It got me thinking. I like using Photoshop to create art from photos. Here is an example of mine...why don't you post one of yours or just comment on mine. I'd also like your take on what you use Photoshop for.

The image below uses 36 photos I took at a local nursery....

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #97511 by chasrich
Yes.

I can see it being a great tool for both.

Mostly it is fun fun fun...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #97513 by Maria21
:goodpost: I love your sense of humor.. great pics..

I love thinking outside the box.

12 years 10 months ago #97555 by Dori
chasrich, funny! I love your sense of humor!!
Maria21, wonderful creation!!!
Here's a couple...At one of Sam's hockey games

Don't ask me how I managed this one...:rofl:

Used AutoCad to produce this one, but I am sure PS can do this as well.

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 10 months ago #97607 by Nikonjan
I love photoshop and other software to "create" my photos into something a bit different. I do like natural photos but photography is also about being an artist. Love you guys posts, by the way.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #97615 by chasrich
Twisted Sister looks hot in her LBD. :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #97633 by Maria21
I love your art work everyone. I think it's a good thing to play around in photoshop. I think it gives you better tech. skill & understanding of what Photoshop can really do. Like any tool of the trade we need to know it's limitations as well as strengths.

Here is something I like to offer some of my clients that shows more poses & a fun way to display them. I usually get orders for them when I do.

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #97643 by Cre8tivefix
I enjoy just playing with it. It's for entertainment. Here are some old fun ones

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #97749 by Maria21
:judge:

I like the playfulness in those Cre8tive.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cre8tivefix
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #97757 by McBeth Photography

Jury is still out ...

It is what it is.
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #97759 by robbie
Very creative images everyone,enjoying the views!

12 years 10 months ago #97763 by John Landolfi
I like the imaginative way you compose, with indirect structure that is often very effective and subtle. But that's a photographic coinsideratiuon. It seems to me that processing pushed the image a bit too far away from a naturalistic portrayal, and not far enough to make it an interesting photoshop creation. As you know, I tend toward the naturalistic, whenever I can manage it. As always, your work stimulates thought.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #97765 by Stealthy Ninja
It's Edarting.
12 years 10 months ago #97783 by McBeth Photography

John Landolfi wrote: I like the imaginative way you compose, with indirect structure that is often very effective and subtle. But that's a photographic coinsideratiuon. It seems to me that processing pushed the image a bit too far away from a naturalistic portrayal, and not far enough to make it an interesting photoshop creation. As you know, I tend toward the naturalistic, whenever I can manage it. As always, your work stimulates thought.

Well thank you John....I couldn't agree more with your thought on the image above....I was simply playing with my new plug-ins. Its unbelieveable what you can dop with a raw image in photoshop nowadays, the "work" above is simply part of my learning curve...not to be taken seriously :) At least for me anyhow....I am learning some limits with the Topaz Plugins and am very pleased with the bundle altogether. It really improved one of my better shots, IMHO....

It is what it is.
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #97797 by Trudehell

Photoshop can also be used to make political comments.
This one's from 01.11.08.
I used the McCain-plugin.

A user friendly computer first requires a friendly user.
Attachments:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024