Which bank is best for small business?

12 years 2 months ago #209687 by MYoung
I need to set up a business checking account now for my new photography business and would like to get some help on which bank offers best "everything" for small business?

:)

Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #209775 by shelland
I don't have my own business, but personally haven't used a "bank" since the mid-90's. I'd check out some local Credit Unions and see what they have to offer. Personally, I would never go back to a bank from a Credit Union. That's from my experience for personal use, but I assume they'd be just as good for business purposes.

Scott

- Twin Cities, MN

12 years 2 months ago #209781 by Karl Wertanen
Credit unions give better loan rates
12 years 2 months ago #209828 by Darrell
I do not use business account, the banks charge much higher fees for business accounts, I have a separate personal account for my business, just make sure checks are made out to you and not your company. As long as you track all your receipts and income there should not be any issues. I have not had any problems at all...

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 2 months ago #211219 by MYoung
Thanks everyone. Karl your the 3rd person that has told me about credit unions. I'm going to look into what is around me. What is funny is nearly everyone had mentioned to me to stay away from Bank of America! :pinch: Which is where I have my personal account.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #212408 by Soccer Mom
I use Wells Fargo

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #213094 by Frisco

Soccer Mom wrote: I use Wells Fargo

:agree: same here

Nikon 18-55mm VR, Nikon 70-200mm VRII f/2.8, Nikon 50mm f/1.8, Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, SB-700 & SB-800
Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #213108 by Baydream
I'm all Credit Union (two of them) and I worked for two different banks for 7 years.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #218381 by mclayton
I use ING for all of my banking needs. I feel it is one of the easiest banks to work with. It has been my experience anyways.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024