critique comments plzzzzzzzz

12 years 9 months ago #114887 by anketmohanty
need to improve plz help

Anket Mohanty
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #114889 by eryck
I will try to critique Im new here and still learning so dont take my word its just one opinion

I will start with the 3rd one, best for last, it looks very artistic, the concrete background almost looks like canvas and the butterfly body and legs are sharp enough, and it looks like you darkened the wings and I think thats fine for this image

the first one is very moody and I like the vignette but its a bit wide and theres lots of space in the image that i consider lost, I would consider cropping it so the bird and grass are tighter in the frame.

the second one is not very appealling to me, although I appreciate flower pics in my opinion the rocks are too blown out.

keep it up, your profile image is cool I love mountains.
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #114897 by Dori
I like the silhouette look of the last one.
The second one just doesn't work for me. A bit cluttered. Maybe fill the frame with the flower next time?
Now, the first one? It rocks! I like the use of negative space and the treatment. The only thing I would personally do is clone out the other bird(?).

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 9 months ago #114918 by Shadowfixer1
Go read the rule of thirds thread. It may help.

Number one - nice concept but needs a tighter crop and then add the effects.

Number two - A snapshot. Decide on the subject and concentrate on it. The flower is very nice so shoot the flower, not all the other junk around it. Simple images work, clutter doesn't.

Number three - Too centered. The butterflly should be on the lower right power point. Good butterfly images in black and white are very rare and hard to find one that works. Detail and sharpness is good.

These are just my opinions. Your opinion is what matters. Keep shooting and have fun.
12 years 9 months ago #114941 by anketmohanty
thk u for ur advice u r right the first image can be cropped a little more.........
the flower image i was actually trying to show case the color and natural B&W contrast.....but i guess it became a little cluttered............

Anket Mohanty
12 years 9 months ago #114943 by anketmohanty
and yes even i love the mountains love to camp out ...............and ride the hill terrains.......

Anket Mohanty
12 years 9 months ago #115025 by Baydream

anketmohanty wrote: thk u for ur advice u r right the first image can be cropped a little more.........
the flower image i was actually trying to show case the color and natural B&W contrast.....but i guess it became a little cluttered............

Glad the critiques were helpful. That is the best way to learn. By the way, it looks like the second is a bit overexposed (just a bit).

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #115065 by chasrich
:judge: I like both the photos and the comments that followed. :goodpost:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #115121 by The Time Capturer
First of all, I'm not a fan of b&w or borders but I won't let that influence my opinions here.

Image #1

I like the concept here. I agree with the others about a tighter crop. Personally, I would crop it so the bird is closer to the upper right or upper left and also, cloning out the second bird is a good idea, as mentioned.

Image #2

I understand the problem with clutter. Clutter is a personal enemy of mine, but, in this image, I really don't think it's that bad. I love the contrasting colours ... new life in a dismal environment is the impression I get from this. Also, I get a feel of freedom because the flower is outside the pot (athough I know it's a vine - morning glory, I believe). I would crop out a little of the top and the left, enough to still show the pot, as you intended, but will move the flower away from the center of the image and it will be more prominent. I agree that it appears a little overexposed as well.

Image #3

The jury is still out on this one. I like it, there's no doubt about that. It has kind of a sinister feel to it like the butterfly is the arch-nemesis to the garden. However, I'm thinking it might be a little too dark. Maybe just a slight amount of wing detail would add to this image.

All in all, great images and a great effort. :thumbsup:

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 9 months ago #115187 by Rob pix4u2
Image one - I agree that a tighter crop would hlp but the you would need to include more of the foliage from the lower left corner to balance the pic for the rule of thirds

Image two - concentrate on getting close to your subject and ridding the frame of distracting elements as well as filling the frame with the flower

Image three - I agree with John that a little more wing detail would be helpful, otherwise a very good capture for the details already there

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024