Wild Horse

12 years 3 months ago #188478 by Baydream

icepics wrote: Better to ask first I think. People may post an image in this section of the forum to display or ask for critique but may not want someone else to edit/enhance it. It's different if someone asks for help and wants to be shown how to edit or use a technique etc.

I agree. If the OP says he does mind the editing, that should have been the end of it - PERIOD.
To his credit, Stealthy tried to help but when the OP objected, there was no need to gang up on him. Just because someone posts a photo online does not indicate it is allowable to "edit/print" all they want. Let's be respectful of the wishes of folks who post.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics
The topic has been locked.
12 years 3 months ago #188502 by pottsy62
Same goes for me stealthy! I post for CC and would be more than pleased if someone with your expertise were to explain AND show the difference. I guess if you don't want CC - DONT POST HERE!

Hey, YOU... Yes - YOU...come and see my site...
:rofl: :cheers: :thumbsup: www.snowleopardanimation.com.au :thumbsup: :cheers: :rofl:

12 years 3 months ago #188645 by icepics
There's a difference between critiquing and altering someone's else's photo. And while there are people out there who know how to hack into websites etc. that doesn't mean it's permissible. If people want help with the editing then it would be appropriate to do so if they ask.

This is comparable to me going into the art building, into the pottery studio, and taking someone else's piece and throwing it on the wheel... I've taken art workshops like quilting, basketry, it depends what it is - sometimes the instructor may show you how to do something, or you might ask another student if you can look at their work, or have them show you how they're doing something. But it wouldn't be acceptable to take someone's else work and doing anything with it without asking first.

As far as the photo, I've seen some interesting photos by Thing (and I don't think he was asking for help particularly on this one). To me the B&W digital conversions often look more grayscale, maybe that's why someone thought it looked flat. The composition is wonderful, I'm not sure if a bit different adjustment would enhance the image or not.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #188661 by PT Admin
Thread is closed. The OP has deleted his original photo therefore, there is no need to continue the discussion.

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024