Wild Horse

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #168598 by Thing
-

The elephant in the room is mediocrity.
The topic has been locked.
12 years 5 months ago #168606 by photobod
That is a beautiful scene but I would like to see a bit more ooomph in there the conversion seems a little flat :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 5 months ago #168610 by butterflygirl921
I would try it in color and see how that looks but overall it's good :thumbsup:

12 years 5 months ago #168625 by chasrich
Up for a little photoshop magic? I would clone the horse in a bit bigger. The flatness mentioned earlier could work to your advantage by rendering a flawless blending. Than again the horse might not look as good closer in because of the heavy shadows. I would work it though - if I was you... :woohoo:

:judge: :thumbsup: :woohoo:

Love the scenery.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 5 months ago #168630 by Dori
Beautiful shot! It is a tad flat tho. :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 5 months ago #168796 by Stealthy Ninja
bump the contrast in the background and darken the crap outta the sky.

OR just put an artificial Grad ND over it (layers and gradients in PS on a separate layer overlaid, I like the "soft light" overlay myself).
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #168797 by Stealthy Ninja

Thing wrote:

Something like this:

Orginal:

Edit:
MOD CUT: Photo has been deleted per the OP's request

Hope you don't mind me editing it, I just wanted to show you what I meant. You could do a heaps better job going from the original.

I also dodged and burned a bit (which is what Ansel Adams would do). You can separate out the different "layers' of the picture and work on them individually too, if you know how to use the pen tool that is.

Have fun, it's a good pic worth working on.
12 years 3 months ago #188340 by Thing

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Thing wrote:

Something like this:

Hope you don't mind me editing it, I just wanted to show you what I meant. You could do a heaps better job going from the original.

I also dodged and burned a bit (which is what Ansel Adams would do). You can separate out the different "layers' of the picture and work on them individually too, if you know how to use the pen tool that is.

Have fun, it's a good pic worth working on.

Yes, I do mind the editing.

The elephant in the room is mediocrity.
12 years 3 months ago #188349 by geoffellis

Thing wrote: Yes, I do mind the editing.

You might want to reconsider posting any images online in that case.

He wasted his time to give you the benefit of another perspective. While you may not appreciate it, there was no malicious intent and was open about. Theres every possibility though that someone else has taken your picture and done who knows what with it...
12 years 3 months ago #188388 by icepics
Better to ask first I think. People may post an image in this section of the forum to display or ask for critique but may not want someone else to edit/enhance it. It's different if someone asks for help and wants to be shown how to edit or use a technique etc.

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thing
12 years 3 months ago #188442 by geoffellis

icepics wrote: but may not want someone else to edit/enhance it.

Then it shouldnt be posted online, at all, regardless of whether he was asking for CC. Once it was uploaded anyone could download and edit/print to their hearts desire. Heck they could have added aliens kidnapping the horse for dinner...

As such i really dont see how showing the original artist is whats considered "rude" or "unacceptable" in this situation.
12 years 3 months ago #188459 by PT Admin
Stealthy was just being helpful. I would be happy if he voluntarily edited my photos for free because he is just too darn pricey for me. :)

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use
12 years 3 months ago #188462 by Scotty

PT Admin wrote: Stealthy was just being helpful. I would be happy if he voluntarily edited my photos for free because he is just too darn pricey for me. :)

Editors are expensive :X

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 months ago #188468 by Stealthy Ninja
Meh, can't please everyone.
12 years 3 months ago #188470 by orion
I agree with Geoff and Jackie on this one...Stealthy was just trying to help someone out who obviously had a problem, Stealthy didnt have to help, but he used his time and experience in showing what can be done. Yes maybe he shouldnt have edited it and left it as it was or asked if they needed help. Some/most people would appreciate somehelp at somepoint, I would, nice job there Stealthy! :)

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024