I LOVE my dog

12 years 2 months ago #196363 by bigbubbaG
He is a 5 year old Puggle (pug & beagle mix). I got him when he was 9 weeks old. He fit in my pocket, he was so small. He is now approx. 15 inches tall, & 35 lbs. A couple years ago, I had a Diabetic episode where I almost lost both my feet. He was ALWAYS right by my side, 24/7, to try & comfort me while I was dealing with the pain & agony. Ever since I got this SLR about 4 months ago, he always seems happy to get his picture taken. He is always ready with a wink...

A smile...

Or a cute pose...

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #196364 by Baydream
Love it. :thumbsup:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigbubbaG
12 years 2 months ago #196367 by icepics
What a face in that first one! I got a kick out of that. I like the third one the best. Next time you photograph your puggle (is that right? I almost typed buggle or pubble or something LOL) you might notice your backgrounds, like in the first one the background looks kind of busy so changing your vantage point might give a little better background to the photos.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #196370 by Darrell
Love the B/W

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigbubbaG
12 years 2 months ago #196390 by bigbubbaG

icepics wrote: What a face in that first one! I got a kick out of that. I like the third one the best. Next time you photograph your puggle (is that right? I almost typed buggle or pubble or something LOL) you might notice your backgrounds, like in the first one the background looks kind of busy so changing your vantage point might give a little better background to the photos.

Funny you mention "vantage point". After I started these photos, I read that to capture more of the animals "personality" you should get down on their level. Most folks, as I did, take most of their pictures "looking down" on the animal.

Such as this....

Afterwards, I laid on the floor while he lay on his pillow...

After getting down on his level, I noticed not only is it easier to control the background, but also, I think it gives a more "in touch" feeling to the photo.

Thank you for your input... G

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

Attachments:
12 years 2 months ago #196419 by icepics
That does make a difference! More of his personality comes thru, nice.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 2 months ago #196552 by Wood
Great shots. :thumbsup:

12 years 2 months ago #196717 by DanO84
My female lab is rarely seen without her ball!

www.keh.com
While there check out
our 6 month warranty!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024