New to Photography Talk. Critiques Please!

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #215908 by Mickey Webster

Im new to this site. I am constantly trying to better myself as a photographer. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and look foward to meeting everyone!

Attachments:
12 years 3 weeks ago #215911 by John Landolfi
Nice shot. To have the photo appear in your post, click"insert" after you upload it.:welcomeclan

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #215912 by Mickey Webster
ok thanks

12 years 3 weeks ago #215917 by Darrell
Very nice shot, composition is excellent, what was your shutter speed, love the water flow!
:judge:. And welcome :welcomeclan

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 3 weeks ago #215920 by digishutterbug
Really nice, Color is great.

12 years 3 weeks ago #215936 by Scotty
Is this in Ohio?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #216016 by sree2472
good photo. :judge: :thumbsup: :welcomeclan

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 3 weeks ago #216019 by Mike Shields
This shot is really nice Mickey, I love the tones & the composition, have you done much to it?

If at first you don't succeed... Avoid Skydiving!
12 years 3 weeks ago #216032 by chasrich
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan

This photo is fantastic. :judge: :judge: :judge:

I'm glad to see you contributing to the forums... Welcome!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 weeks ago #216035 by photobod
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan Mickey :welcomeclan :welcomeclan :welcomeclan

Love the slow mo water and the colors in the rocks really come through, thats real nice lighting and exposure.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 3 weeks ago #216077 by Mickey Webster

Thanks for all the comments. This is actually an HDR so there are multiple exposures involved. This is in Hocking Hills Ohio, at old mans cave. Beautiful place to visit. Thanks guys.
here is another from that set.

Attachments:
12 years 3 weeks ago #216100 by Papabear63
:welcomeclan excellent shots :judge: :judge: :judge:

12 years 3 weeks ago #216104 by mklinejr
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan It is a beautiful place to go I got the chance this past summer and my boys wnat to go back again his year (we dont live too far away) and camp again.

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet
12 years 3 weeks ago #216107 by Scotty

Mickey Webster wrote:

Thanks for all the comments. This is actually an HDR so there are multiple exposures involved. This is in Hocking Hills Ohio, at old mans cave. Beautiful place to visit. Thanks guys.
here is another from that set.

My only gripe is they're a tad underexposed.

BTW i'm in Southeast Michigan. I'll be visiting that cave this year.

Good work.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #216130 by mklinejr
Did you get over to Ash Cave while you were there?

Scotty make sure you visit both.

Life is much more managable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffet

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024