365 project

12 years 3 weeks ago #217839 by Azexa
Since I am new to photography, I am going to attempt to do a 365 project. This is where I take at least one photo everyday for a year. ( I know most of you know this, but for the couple who don't) Please feel free to join me and post in the forum. Critique is welcome on any photo. This is how I plan on improving my skills.

Day 1 by Azexa1 , on Flickr
12 years 3 weeks ago #217843 by Scotty
These projects are fun.

Your building is leaning a little to the right ;).

PS is your friend.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #217847 by Azexa
I'm not too familiar with photoshop. I need to start playing around with that. I have the light room.
12 years 3 weeks ago #217872 by chasrich
Whoo Hoo... keep those photos coming. :welcomeclan

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 3 weeks ago #218016 by Azexa
Day 2. The leaf on my mom's rose bush. The flowers have not come in yet. :)
I really enjoy photographing flowers, I have like 30+ pictures lol. Not all of them good, but I like them.

Day 2 by Azexa1 , on Flickr
12 years 3 weeks ago #218027 by KenStephens
I measured the photo with an accurate triangle. I do not believe the building is leaning to the right--at least not more than is totally acceptable (tiny fraction of a degree). There may be a perception that the building is leaning, because the background terrain is naturally sloping to the left, meaning that the building is not perpendicular to the decreasing slope (which our brain tries to resolve), thereby giving a feeling that the building is leaning.

I have experienced this phenomenon for a long time. One of these days, I will write an article describing what I have found on the subject.

Ken

12 years 3 weeks ago #218074 by Azexa

KenStephens wrote: I measured the photo with an accurate triangle. I do not believe the building is leaning to the right--at least not more than is totally acceptable (tiny fraction of a degree). There may be a perception that the building is leaning, because the background terrain is naturally sloping to the left, meaning that the building is not perpendicular to the decreasing slope (which our brain tries to resolve), thereby giving a feeling that the building is leaning.

I have experienced this phenomenon for a long time. One of these days, I will write an article describing what I have found on the subject.

Ken

If you do write an article on this topic, I would love to read it. :)
12 years 3 weeks ago #218086 by chasrich
In the first image there is a slight lean... to the left. I flipped the image then cloned the building next to the original... you can see that the building are leaning towards each other.

This process might help you in your research down the road... If you like you can get the ratio between pixel shifts and compute the angle. :woohoo:

On image 2 - nice post. Keep on going. :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
12 years 3 weeks ago #218123 by mclayton
I would like to read it as well.

I really like picture number two. I love flower pictures...It's the only way I can keep them alive. Let's just say I do NOT have a green thumb.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Azexa wrote:

KenStephens wrote: I measured the photo with an accurate triangle. I do not believe the building is leaning to the right--at least not more than is totally acceptable (tiny fraction of a degree). There may be a perception that the building is leaning, because the background terrain is naturally sloping to the left, meaning that the building is not perpendicular to the decreasing slope (which our brain tries to resolve), thereby giving a feeling that the building is leaning.

Ken

If you do write an article on this topic, I would love to read it. :)

12 years 3 weeks ago #218370 by Azexa
Day 3, I really wanted to get a picture from the concert I am going to, but I did not want to bring my purse in. So I had to settle on the flower bush at work.

Day 3 by Azexa1 , on Flickr
12 years 3 weeks ago #218391 by chasrich
:watching: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :judge:

12 years 3 weeks ago #218578 by lesanne45
very nice posts I really like #3. great job can't wait to see the next shot.:judge: :goodpost:

lesannesphotography.com
12 years 3 weeks ago #218708 by Azexa
Day 4! I grabbed a quick picture before the storm clouds roll in. I think its a tad dark, but I like the feel it gives to the picture.

Day Four by Azexa1 , on Flickr
12 years 3 weeks ago #218720 by Joiemagic
:welcomeclan :welcomeclan

Looks like you are having fun with this project of yours... I like your 3rd shot. Nice colors. the 4th one is dark as you said. Somehow, I would still ike to see some POP. I see you are not proficient in Photoshop yet. Play around and you will have some fun. Just always create and edit on a seperate layer or duplicate image, to preserve the original.

:cheers:

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 3 weeks ago #218740 by chasrich
Are you taking a single photo every day? This image is very dark with a great loss of details. I liked your earlier shots better.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024