Saturday photos

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #220093 by Bob Eaton
Just a few shots I took last Sat!!!!! Found a nice little spot that gave me a chance to shoot all these objects without moving!!!! All I did was swing the tripod around!!!!!! :P

Check out the xmas tree at the end of the dock!!!!!! :lol:

This is Dutch Island Lighthouse!

Nothing is Beatleproof!!!!!!!!!
Attachments:
12 years 2 weeks ago #220377 by Bob Eaton
I guess no one likes my photos! :( :pinch:

12 years 2 weeks ago #220435 by icepics
You just posted under General, new threads sometimes get added fast enough that previous posts don't even get seen. I hadn't seen this one at all til you bumped it.

Nice bridge, what is that one? The last photo has some interesting buildings that make for a nice composition, the white ones show up well against the shore.

Sharon
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Eaton
12 years 2 weeks ago #220581 by Gabbyhte
The first one is my favorite. You need a very good job.

12 years 2 weeks ago #220685 by Bob Eaton

icepics wrote: You just posted under General, new threads sometimes get added fast enough that previous posts don't even get seen. I hadn't seen this one at all til you bumped it.

Nice bridge, what is that one? The last photo has some interesting buildings that make for a nice composition, the white ones show up well against the shore.

It`s the Pell Bridge, between Jamestown and Newport, R.I.!!!!!!:thumbsup:

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #220691 by Baydream
Nice shots. The first one is Beavertail Light but I was trying to figure out the last one and where you were standing to get those angles on the bridges. (From the ferry?)
Hope you enjoyed your trip to RI.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago #220793 by Rascal07
Great Pics :judge:
12 years 2 weeks ago #221078 by Bob Eaton

Baydream wrote: Nice shots. The first one is Beavertail Light but I was trying to figure out the last one and where you were standing to get those angles on the bridges. (From the ferry?)
Hope you enjoyed your trip to RI.

I live in R.I.!!!!!! I was at the end of Ferry Road in Saunderstown, R.I.! I found the place by accident!!!!! It`s a great place!!!!!!! :banana: :cheers:

12 years 2 weeks ago #221080 by Baydream
I didn't realize you lived there. Haven't been there in years. Need to check it out. I could not find the small lighthouse in the worldwide database.

Photo Comments
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #221443 by Bob Eaton
The lighthouse in the distance is Beavertail!!!!! The small, squat one is Dutch Island light! :thumbsup: Beavertail is the second oldest in the US, I believe!!! ;)

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #221448 by Baydream
The original Beavertail was built in 1749 and the present tower in 1856.
www.foghornpublishing.com/Digest/databas...thouse.cfm?value=159
beavertaillight.org/

Date Present Tower Built: 1856

Couldn't find Dutch Island in the database because they painted it. :P
www.foghornpublishing.com/Digest/databas...thouse.cfm?value=215

The database is a great resource to search for all the lights in RI or any state, province or country. 8257 different lights and counting.

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Eaton
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #221479 by Bob Eaton
I`ve been out at Dutch Island many times. The light was in disrepair for many years, and then was fixed up and relighted a few years ago!!!!!! It still needs a little touch-up work, but its in good shape now!!!!!!!! :judge: Look up Whale Rock Light if you want to read an interesting story!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

12 years 2 weeks ago #221480 by Baydream
So glad when they preserve these landmarks of our maritime history.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024