Bern, CH

12 years 7 months ago #143007 by MLKstudios
While digging through some folders, came across a couple of old pics taken with a Hasselblad 503 and Ektachrome film (slide scans):

Bern © MLK Studios

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 7 months ago #143008 by MLKstudios
The Munster Cathedral, in Bern:

Munster © MLK Studios

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143009 by MLKstudios
Bern is one of the more beautiful, Medieval cities in the world. There are many good photo ops.

What I liked about Bern, is it sits where the German part of Switzerland meets the French part. Due to that, it has a very diverse culture.

:)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143010 by longtallm
Beautiful shots, both. Taken about 12 hours apart?

12 years 7 months ago #143012 by MLKstudios
Not sure if I took these on the same day, or not.

If so, it was as long as it took to walk from one bridge to another. If not, both were taken around sunset.

Thanks for the compliment.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143015 by longtallm
Take a closer look at both shots, and where the shadows fall... it looks like one was morning and one was evening....

12 years 7 months ago #143017 by MLKstudios
Could've been. Was so long ago, and I really liked their Rathskellers. :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143088 by John Landolfi
Beautiful colors. Love that Ektachrome!:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #143099 by robbie
Beautiful architecture Matthew,needless to say yo did it 'Justice'.The second one is Awesome,love it.

12 years 7 months ago #143101 by MLKstudios
Danke. :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143107 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Danke. :)

Di nada!!

12 years 7 months ago #143333 by Shanna-Marie
Matthew, these are both beautiful shots, thank you for sharing. The only foreign country I've ever been to is Canada..... so I really appreciate a glimpse of other places on this little blue planet. :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 7 months ago #143335 by icepics
Shanna that made me laugh, being a hockey fan I forget that Canada is actually a foreign country! But I've never been out of the US (except for Canada) either.

Nothing beats film (at least not that Ektachrome). No wonder we'll be doing that in class, now I'm intrigued. I haven't seen slides in years, and it was usually someone's bad vacation pictures LOL. I think everyone posting their photos on places like Facebook is the current day computer-age version of watching bad home movies!

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #143336 by MLKstudios
I cover different films, amateur and pro, along with digital imaging and color theories in week 2. But, you don't HAVE to use film. Shooting with a DSLR is fine.

It does help to know what films are available. The skills you will learn apply to film cameras too.

And shooting chrome in a 'blad is a cool thing to do. Hope you get that chance one day. You'll really feel like a photographer then -- deep in your bones. Something to do with the sound of the shutter release. CHICK - cluck.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 7 months ago #143361 by Scotty
Good shots matt.

Nothing really to pick at...maybe the horizon is off about .16 in the first one. :banana:

Glad to see you sharing your stuff.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024