California HDR Sunset photos with Lee 10 Stop Filter

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #207050 by Alex
OK... So I was feeling creative with these shots. I manually bracketed 5 shots for each of these photos below. Each shot was long exposed with the use of Lee 10 Stop filter. I combined the shots in Photoshop HDR, and tweaked them up a bit from there.

I'm not sure I'm happy with how the sun looks. Either way... take a look and feel free to leave your thoughts or suggestions.

This one I think has a whitish/chomish look to it. Not sure what I did... jury out to lunch on this one. :rofl:

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #207052 by Dori
I love the first one!!! Has a very mystical feeling to it! :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 1 month ago #207057 by Alex

Dori wrote: I love the first one!!! Has a very mystical feeling to it! :judge: :judge: :judge:

Thanks Dori... you know what I agree with you. The first is my favorite too!

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #207083 by john_m
I agree on the first one also. These are some beautiful shots Alex

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 1 month ago #207087 by Karl Wertanen
Awesome!!!!! :woohoo: I'd live to know how long your exposures were! Experimenting is the best :cheer: :beerbang: :goodpost: :judge:
12 years 1 month ago #207102 by Alex

Karl Wertanen wrote: Awesome!!!!! :woohoo: I'd live to know how long your exposures were! Experimenting is the best :cheer: :beerbang: :goodpost: :judge:

Between 10 and 30 seconds :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #207111 by mj~shutterbugg
:agree: #1 is my favorite. Love the colors.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 1 month ago #207140 by CWphotos
Yep...#1 :judge:

Question: How do you manage 5 manual bracket shots without moving the camera/lens at least a smidgen? I've never tried...is there a trick you might share?

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
12 years 1 month ago #207143 by chasrich
Great job... you da man Alex! :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 1 month ago #207199 by bigbubbaG
AWESOME almost describes it.:cheers:

Victory is won not in miles but inches. Win some, hold your ground, win some more.
---Louis L'amour

12 years 1 month ago #207205 by robbie
These are very beautiful,the water is so blue.

12 years 1 month ago #207206 by nedward50
:thumbsup: Fantastic I've tried these type of shot and they are difficult, love the colours.
12 years 1 month ago #207260 by sree2472
number one is good ... liked the way the colors have come in both the photos. manually bracketing ... was it handheld or using tripod?:judge: :judge:

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
12 years 1 month ago #207264 by photobod
I prefer number one overall but like the sun in number two more, can you put the sun from 2 into 1 so we could see if it looks better Alex, it just seems more noticable, great work. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :judge: :judge: :judge:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024