Stairsway to Nowhere!

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #213220 by Joiemagic
These were taken in the hospital I work in. Needed for my weekly photo contest... Topic is Stairways.

Feel free to comment and tell me which one you like best from this post and my other one: Return Stair. Thanks

This is a Stairway to Nowhere... It literally leads to nothing.
Taken without a tripod. Had the camera sitting on my camera bag and angled up by two small pieces of pipe. It was extremely dark with the only light available being the two lights on the wall. Located in the sub-basement. Don't know what it used to lead to.

Stairway to Nowhere by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Stairway to Nowhere by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Stairway_LightPaint by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Stairway_LightPaint by Fadde Photography , on Flickr

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

12 years 1 month ago #213283 by cah87
Personally I do not like any of them. Every photo does seem a tad blur due to the long exposure and the camera not completely being steady. I know you mention it was on the camera bag, but a tripod would have worked better. Besides the blur, there's just something that is off, can't really put my finger on it.

12 years 1 month ago #213325 by Joiemagic
Thanks for your comments... I would say the softness or blur is do to not being able to see clearly and focus. I only had the dim lights to use to manually focus the camera, then had to put the camera down on the bag, so the view changed slightly. The camera was steady on the bag and did not move... was using a remote release so that I did not have to touch the camera after putting it down.

The lighting is ALL Ambient light. No Speedlite used at all.

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

12 years 1 month ago #213330 by nedward50
I don't mind the soft focus and along with the ambient lighting it gives a mysterious/industrial feel, however there is no clue as to where or what the stairs could have serviced and the mystery deepens.
Don't like the light painting shots though.
Not yet looked at your Return Stair
12 years 4 days ago #222947 by Tipofmytoungue
I like the first two. Not a fan of the last two. I really want to know where the stairs went.

12 years 4 days ago #222982 by Joiemagic

Tipofmytoungue wrote: I like the first two. Not a fan of the last two. I really want to know where the stairs went.

They were originally stairs outside of the building in a breezeway. When they built an addition to the hospital (Wall on right), they removed the top of the stairs that led to the street and enclosed them here.

Joie Fadde

On Flickr

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024