Untitled

12 years 1 month ago #213456 by nedward50
I'm interested in anything people want to say about this, provided your mother wouldn't mind reading what you think of course
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #213460 by John Landolfi
Nice idea. I would crop out the first downward edge (takes my eye away from the composition) I'd be curious to see it less cropped on te bottom, with more of thecabins showing.:thumbsup:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: nedward50
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #213578 by nedward50
Cheers John, I can see where you are coming from. The whole crop was aimed at abstraction and I'm sure different approaches would work, I'll see how far I experimented in the archive.

Here's one straight out of the camera
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #213589 by Hussain Al Mousa
Nice work :)

I'm not good enough on this type of photography to say anythings but for me first one much better :P

I am just a guy with a camera...
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #213737 by nedward50
Hussain Al Mousa, you are good enough I have seen some of your work, many thanks for viewing and commenting
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hussain Al Mousa
12 years 1 month ago #213767 by KCook
Just for kicks I would try posterizing it.

crayons R us

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 1 month ago #213856 by nedward50
Kelly, now you know I'm not allowed to touch anything sharp! do you mean wax crayons?
12 years 1 month ago #213888 by chasrich
This is a really good selection of subject. The flow of colors along with the symmetrical appeal of the forms and lines really compliment each other. I sometimes worry that I have walked by subjects like this and never saw the potential the offer. I like the perspective of number one much better... :judge: :judge: :judge: Well done!

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #213921 by H.Priyanka
how is this..........

©PH-otography
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #213928 by mj~shutterbugg
:judge: I like the subject, very colorful. I think it could use a bit more 'pop' meaning contrast and some boosted saturation. Just a touch. I like both images, but agree with John about the downward angle in number one. Very nicely done, :) .

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 1 month ago #214019 by nedward50
Charles,mj thanks for viewing and commenting.

Colour is a bit dull and I agree bout the 1st angle of shooting being better, there are around 30 shots in the archive all variations and different perspectives but not developed.

Charles you are right, I reckon we all walk past potential subjects each and every day without realising their potential, we take em for granted? Yes you're right form and colour were drivers whilst humming Pete Seegers "little boxes" but that's a whole other thread.
12 years 1 month ago #214028 by boriqua latina

nedward50 wrote: I'm interested in anything people want to say about this, provided your mother wouldn't mind reading what you think of course

The first photo is better than the second one, but I would have liked to have seen the bottom of the cabins to give it more perspective to the last cabin in the distance... I would have cropped it slightly on the left so you would start with a full cabin. Cabins are slightly underexposed, add more contrast to make the colors pop out...Theres too much sky, get the colors and roof tops in a line....

12 years 1 month ago #214055 by KenStephens
Boriqua,

If there is too much sky in the photo, how could that be eliminated, without cropping out subject matter? The tops of the buildings are essential.

Ken

12 years 1 month ago #214105 by nedward50
boriqua - thanks for your views I can see the points you raise. The technical issues raised with colour, cropping, etc. are all fine by me and spotted by John and yourself. I need to apologise here as there are times i post images that aren't quite finished or polished. Its not an excuse just the way i do things it also allows me to learn about contributors. Sometimes i'll even ignore obvious improvements I spot knowing other will spot them, there are times when big compositional changes aren't possible or weren't important at the time.
12 years 1 month ago #214107 by nedward50
Ken - you are bang on the tops of the buildings were crucial at the time of shooting. Some cropping on the LHS as John suggests would improve the aesthetics without altering the intent.
However the inclusion of more of the structure would detract from the abstract in my view.
Thank you for taking time to view and comment.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024