The toy city street

12 years 1 month ago #216099 by John37
Cant' remember the style this is called. But I thought this shot was a great candidate for the style.

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: VargaBalázsPhotography
12 years 1 month ago #216108 by Scotty
Tilt-shift is the effect.

Good first attempt. It's good to get in closer and from high up if you can.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #216122 by John37
Got it. I was actually 4 floors high when I shot it. Not much higher I could've gotten unfortunately.
Thank you!

"The most endangered species? The honest man!"
12 years 1 month ago #216123 by Scotty

John37 wrote: Got it. I was actually 4 floors high when I shot it. Not much higher I could've gotten unfortunately.
Thank you!

Np. By the way, Photoshop CS 6 (i'm using beta) has a tilt-shift blur filter.

Photo Comments
12 years 1 month ago #216266 by MacBabes
My camera has a tilt shift option. And Ive tried many times to get a good result. It isnt as easy as it seems. The higher up the better. I took this photo from a tower, at 75ft (or even more) high up.
Keep trying, you will get there.

Phrase heard most: Put that camera down woman!
Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #216289 by Shanna-Marie
Very cool....Nice job John! :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

12 years 1 month ago #216303 by mattmoran

Scotty wrote: Tilt-shift is the effect.

I hate it when people call it that. I would call it "the miniature effect". Tilting a lens can create the effect, or it can create the opposite effect (increasing the amount of the image in focus.) Ansel Adams used tilt & shift a lot, but for some reason his landscapes never look small :cheer:

Sorry, just a pet peeve.

-Matt
12 years 1 month ago #216304 by Scotty

mattmoran wrote:

Scotty wrote: Tilt-shift is the effect.

I hate it when people call it that. I would call it "the miniature effect". Tilting a lens can create the effect, or it can create the opposite effect (increasing the amount of the image in focus.) Ansel Adams used tilt & shift a lot, but for some reason his landscapes never look small :cheer:

Sorry, just a pet peeve.

He also didn't shoot modern cityscapes compared to wildlife/landscape.

Get used to it being called tilt-shift because that's what Adobe is calling it in the editing suite.

Photo Comments
12 years 4 weeks ago #216837 by icepics
Vincent Laforet has used this technique, I don't know what he calls it but on his site I think it's referred to as using the tilt shift technique.
laforetvisuals.com
His photos in this style are on the Portfolio section of his site under Air, Land, Games, and Commuters.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 3 weeks ago #217115 by fishinfool
Very cool!

If can, can......if no can, no can.
12 years 3 weeks ago #217124 by mervinpearce
My 1st attempt from a roof in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania yesterday (4th April)

Attachments:
12 years 3 weeks ago #217125 by mervinpearce
My 1st attempt from a roof in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania yesterday (4th April)

Attachments:
12 years 3 weeks ago #217189 by Joiemagic
Nice job on all the photos in this post. Have been seeing this technique popping up more and more...

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024