Reebok Stadium Scouting Shoot

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #220157 by nedward50

Attachment not found

Used to live in a neighbouring town Bolton. The football stadium is surrounded by retail parks and on match day is swamped with cars and people. At 6.30 am on Sunday you can get at it, however I wish I'd access to a cherry picker or some other high vantage point. I can see why many stadia shots are aerial.

The side I shot didn't get the sun on it and if I revisit it will probably be later in the day or even sundown golden hour provided the building gets light on it. Not sure about a night game shot.

Any comments, experiences etc. would be well appreciated.

Attachments:
12 years 1 week ago #220160 by chasrich
My photo club challenge this month is architecture - thanks for the reminder... :woohoo:

I like that you included some of the foreground in the first shot. In the other two you chose to include more of the sky - which also pleases me as there was some dynamics in the clouds.

I've been meaning to revisit an interesting building I've shot before. This time I want to use my wide angle lens on it. I'm wondering what lens settings did you use? The wide angle lens, I think, will give a better perspective for both the exterior landscape type shots and for the interior shots. I'm thinking you might have gotten a good look at the stadium if you had a wee bit wider lens available and had hiked up that small hill on the right in shot #4.

This is an interesting building at any rate. Thanks for sharing this Ned. :judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 1 week ago #220215 by icepics
The second one has the most interesting perspective I think. You might be able to get some interesting close up shots too, with all the lines and patterns you might get.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 1 week ago #220228 by Darrell
I like #2

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
12 years 1 week ago #220263 by nedward50
Chas , focal length for these was between 18 and 40mm obviously governed by distance away. Interior I reckon you can go with your new fisheye. No.2 is off the hill you mentioned.

Make sure the subject is well lit, these are a tad dark on the structure but if I go back I'll be looking for direct light on the building maybe with a bit of colour. Depends what's available.

Darrell,ice, yes I like no.2 but wonder if the left hand side with the bushes etc. is detracting. No matter where i moved round the site there was a lot of distracting stuff like lighting columns, fences and the like.

I reckon a cherry picker ( a pro once advised this in another forum) would give the best vantage point, I took some close in with part of the building detailed but because it was in shade they aren't nice. Also I remember seeing some shots of buildings done with a camera on a telescopic pole. The idea being a clear shot of the whole building, unless of course you go to the attached extreme lol.

As always thanks for taking time to view and comment.

Attachments:
12 years 1 week ago #220366 by Tipofmytoungue
:judge: Number two is my favorite.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nedward50

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024