Supermoon

11 years 11 months ago #225234 by San84
Apparently the moon was as much as 16 percent bigger and 30 percent brighter tonight than other full moons of 2012, an astronomical phenomena called the 'perigee'....so I had to go out and take few shots as it sails over the Seattle sky, popularly labelled as 'The Supermoon'!!!

Men invented language to satisfy their deep urge of complaining...
Attachments:
11 years 11 months ago #225243 by geoffellis
Not sure what all the big fuss is about... This phenomena is pretty common.
11 years 11 months ago #225249 by chasrich
Fantastic shot of the downtown area... your images make me a little homesick. :woohoo: :thumbsup:

:judge: :judge: :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #225282 by San84
Yeah...its not too uncommon....I guess it doesnt necessarily coincide with a full moon every time....hence the big fuss.....there was actually a small fair of photographers at the location...many of them struggled to squeeze in with their tripods... :)

11 years 11 months ago #225283 by San84
Thanks Chasrich....I finally got my tripod and the cheapest wireless remote!!!

11 years 11 months ago #225418 by MLD98742
Beautiful shot! That moon is very bright.

11 years 11 months ago #225426 by San84
Thanks MLD....it was indeed bright...and big....like a spotlight!! :)

11 years 11 months ago #225438 by Cre8tivefix
I like #2, beautiful night skyline.

11 years 11 months ago #225545 by Rascal07
I like them very pretty .
11 years 11 months ago #227048 by Joiemagic
I like number two the best.... May I ask what your settings were? I know it is hard to balance and I am just learning how to capture the moon and also show some detail while doing it. I want to try shooting shots like this with the city or something else in the shot as well.

You may want to try bracketing some shots to get different levels of detail in the moon, then combining them in an HDR shot or something along those lines.

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #227339 by San84
Thanks Joie...the settings for #2 are: F/36, 30s exposure, ISO 250, 70mm focal length....It could have been done by higher f stops and lesser exposure....basically I was just trying out my new wireless remote and tripod and was enjoying the luxury of steady shots with longer exposure :)

I wanted to try HDRs, but havent picked up the art of it yet...maybe you can share some links or pointers...

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024