Riverplace on the Salmon River, Oregon

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #239631 by McBeth Photography
My wife and I take off to the Salmon River in Oregon a couple times a year. Here is a shot of small creek that runs into the Salmon River, they call it Riverplace. I took this after I finished a nice long nap on the grassy bank.

It is what it is.
11 years 9 months ago #239633 by Rob pix4u2
Looks peaceful- beautiful place Barry

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
11 years 9 months ago #239644 by John Landolfi
I'd love to have shared that, Barry! :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #239652 by Shanna-Marie
Barry, this is gorgeous... what a peaceful looking spot. We drove to the coast today and on our way to Lincoln City we saw a sign for the Salmon River. When were you there?? Check your messages, gonna send you one in a few... :)

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

11 years 9 months ago #239701 by McBeth Photography
Thanks everybody! Shanna, we stayed there from early Friday through Sunday. It is just East of Otis, Oregon and we like going there because it is very peaceful and we sleep pretty well there at night. Since it is about 9 minutes from Lincoln City, it makes for a great jump-off point for sight-seeing up and down the Oregon Coast.

It is what it is.
11 years 9 months ago #239727 by Shanna-Marie
Hmmm... we Just missed you..! It sure is a beautiful area, so much different from the East Coast. I could have spent days exploring, unfortunately we had to head right back to my Dad's. We had fun though, hope to meet you for real before I have to leave.

I believe that there is an explanation for everything, so, yes, I believe in miracles. ~Robert Brault

www.flickr.com/photos/shanna-m/

11 years 9 months ago #239730 by CWphotos
A beautiful scene, and beautifully composed! :thumbsup: I hope to make it to Oregon some day!

What you are is so loud, I can't hear a word you say!
11 years 9 months ago #239934 by Alex
Barry great shot my friend! The colors are so rich, don't see that much green here in San Diego! :(

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #239972 by McBeth Photography
Shanna, I hope that you are enjoying you visit with family. I told Jennifer (my wife) that the hand surgery was bad timing on her part, she laughed :)

Not sure if we'll be able to connect this time around, Jennifer needs to stay down for a week or so...I'll really be glad when she's past the painful part and so will she.

Mill City eh? Beautiful area!!! Hoping that you really enjoy yourself and your batteries get charged!

It is what it is.
11 years 9 months ago #239974 by McBeth Photography
Thank you Carol, you should come to Oregon for a visit...you would love it! :cheer:

It is what it is.
11 years 9 months ago #239976 by McBeth Photography

Alex wrote: Barry great shot my friend! The colors are so rich, don't see that much green here in San Diego! :(

Thanks Alex! I'm told that they've had 59 inches of rain there so far this year....you know what they say, "Nice place to visit, but...."

It is what it is.
11 years 9 months ago #240044 by icepics
Thanks Barry for reminding some of us that grass is supposed to be green. :rolleyes Beautiful scene and another nicely composed photo.

Shanna sounds like you're enjoying your trip, keep having fun out there!

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 9 months ago #240176 by McBeth Photography
Thanks Sharon, green is supposed to be the dominant color on the palette of grass colors....I think. Browns hit us hard by September though. Thanks again! :)

It is what it is.

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024