A View To The West At Sunset From Mary's Peak In Oregon

11 years 7 months ago #251682 by McBeth Photography
Taken just after sunset, the straight line is the Pacific Ocean as viewed from the highest peak in the Oregon Coast Range.

CC welcome!

It is what it is.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MajorMagee
11 years 7 months ago #251688 by effron
Beautiful sky. Only nit (very small one) is the crop. I don't think you need so much dark foreground, horizon centered. See rule of thirds. That said, its a joy to view!....... ;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
11 years 7 months ago #251696 by Abigail1
An excellent photography you have here.I cant believe that the sky is looking so nice.I am getting inspire from your photography.Thanks
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #251709 by McBeth Photography

effron wrote: Beautiful sky. Only nit (very small one) is the crop. I don't think you need so much dark foreground, horizon centered. See rule of thirds. That said, its a joy to view!....... ;)

Thank you Ernesto, I totally agree about the crop.

What really gets me fired up is I had to shoot this with my 35-70mm because I left my 24mm at home. Ugh.

It is what it is.
11 years 7 months ago #251728 by nedward50
Beautiful, love the colours especially.
Regards
Ned
11 years 7 months ago #251740 by McBeth Photography

Abigail1 wrote: An excellent photography you have here.I cant believe that the sky is looking so nice.I am getting inspired from your photography.Thanks

Thank you very much! :)

It is what it is.
11 years 7 months ago #251742 by McBeth Photography

nedward50 wrote: Beautiful, love the colours especially.
Regards
Ned

Thank you Ned! It was one of those places that you simply couldn't fit it all into the camera.

Cheers!

Barry

It is what it is.
11 years 7 months ago #251746 by icepics
That's a stunning use of color, and besides that brilliant sky I like the nuances in the purples of the foreground. Gives it some nice texture.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #251812 by McBeth Photography
Thank you Sharon! It's a beautiful area. This is one of those places that is really close to me and in the summer it is pretty easy to get to, quite a little walk from the trailhead.

I have talked a lot about using a shot list for landscape photography and this is the first time that I actually followed through using the list. Didn't cross it off though, I plan to get up there from time to time.

It is what it is.
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #252072 by McBeth Photography
Here is a shot to the north from that evening's hike.

It is what it is.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MajorMagee
11 years 7 months ago #252077 by Scotty
I like them both. Number one more. Wow that's inspiring.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252079 by Joiemagic
Two beautiful shots.... Love the color. I don't mind the dark forground in #1 cause I can see a little bit of detail in the photo.... Great job...

:judge:

Joie Fadde
Fadde Photography / Sports Shots, Etc.
"Capturing the Timeless Moments of Life"

On Flickr
www.flickr.com/photos/faddephotography/

11 years 7 months ago #252223 by John Landolfi

Joiemagic wrote: Two beautiful shots.... Love the color. I don't mind the dark forground in #1 cause I can see a little bit of detail in the photo.... Great job...

:judge:

:agree: beautiful image, in all respects. Forget about the "rules" police. The detail in the foreground justifies the crop, in my view. :thumbsup: :judge:

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #252224 by McBeth Photography

Scotty wrote: I like them both. Number one more. Wow that's inspiring.

Thank you Sir! :thx: (New emoticon!) I must say that I agree about #1, but #2 is really growing on me fast.

It is what it is.
11 years 7 months ago #252265 by Scotty

McBeth Photography wrote:

Scotty wrote: I like them both. Number one more. Wow that's inspiring.

Thank you Sir! :thx: (New emoticon!) I must say that I agree about #1, but #2 is really growing on me fast.

:please: :ntf: :thx2:

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024