Okahoma. Who knew? C&C request

10 years 8 months ago #296543 by garyrhook
Comments on composition, color, exposure, etc, are humbly requested.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #296549 by KCook
Nice lighting!!! Just for fun I would also try a square crop of the right side of this frame, completely cutting out the smaller waterfall on the left.

blockhead

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 8 months ago #296559 by Luca
Reminds me of Hawaii. Really enjoy the colors and the composition works for me.

Photo Comments
10 years 8 months ago #296567 by Don Fischer
Were those tree's and grass really that green? Nice looking photo otherwise.

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #296663 by garyrhook

KCook wrote: Nice lighting!!! Just for fun I would also try a square crop of the right side of this frame, completely cutting out the smaller waterfall on the left.

blockhead

Well, this has thirds everywhere, but is not nearly as interesting to me:

I like this one better:

But not in love with either. The image doesn't seem to support a tighter 2x3 crop, either.

Were those tree's and grass really that green? Nice looking photo otherwise.

No, the foliage was not this green in real life. I did some work to bring out the existing colors everywhere. It seemed more vibrant in real life than what I captured.

Thanks much!!

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 8 months ago #296700 by KCook
Well, I wasn't thinking "interesting". What I was thinking was "tranquil". What I would hope to see on the wall in my dentist's office.
:side:

deep thoughts

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

10 years 8 months ago #296706 by Hassner
I would crop the brown patch on the left and the shallow water in the front for a simple green/white look.

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
10 years 8 months ago #296763 by sleeper54
Oklahoma would have been my last guess for location.

I like the 'contrast' between the two 'waterfall' areas. Overall image is pleasing indeed.

...tom...

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: garyrhook
10 years 8 months ago #296767 by garyrhook

Hassner wrote: I would crop the brown patch on the left and the shallow water in the front for a simple green/white look.

So, like this?

That's interesting. Serene enough, but still keeps my eye wandering. Also removes the sense of location one gets from the shallow water's edge.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #296768 by Shadowfixer1
A little bit too much crop on the left but you are getting closer to the real image I think.
10 years 8 months ago #296852 by garyrhook
Okay, added a bit on the left, still keeping the 3x2 aspect ratio, and bumped the vignetting a bit.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 8 months ago #296853 by Shadowfixer1
I personally thinks it fits a 16 x 9 ratio better myself, but different strokes as they say. I cropped it that way and included all the little streams in it on the right and I thought it came out nicely. Personal choice on the ratio.
10 years 8 months ago #296970 by garyrhook

I personally thinks it fits a 16 x 9 ratio better myself, but different strokes as they say. I cropped it that way and included all the little streams in it on the right and I thought it came out nicely. Personal choice on the ratio.

Ah. So, this:

OK, I like that. It's just an unusual size for printing. But it works well, yes.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
10 years 8 months ago #297317 by rmeyer7
Very nice, and I like the final crop. I'm not too far from Oklahoma these days...where exactly was this?

10 years 8 months ago #297349 by garyrhook
Natural Falls State Park, almost to Arkansas. June. Would be a fun place to walk/hike around in cooler weather.

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024