Landscapes

11 years 1 week ago #97171 by SnapShotsByTracy
what u think i can do to improve and make better

Tracy Stebbins
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 week ago #97205 by Johnnie
Tracy did you work your Levels and Curves? Add some contrast? Sharpen?

The following user(s) said Thank You: SnapShotsByTracy

11 years 1 week ago #97213 by SnapShotsByTracy
only thing i did to it was crop and turned it black and white

Tracy Stebbins

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #97225 by SnapShotsByTracy
213.JPG

Tracy Stebbins

11 years 1 week ago #97243 by Nikonjan
I agree with Johnnie, needs contrast, it seems a bit not quite level to me. There aren't any clouds in the sky that I can see so the sky is flat and doesn't have a lot of interest. But, that is just my opinion.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan

11 years 1 week ago #97261 by SnapShotsByTracy
unfortunately i cant do much for the sky due to it being overcast but i will work on the levels

Tracy Stebbins

11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #97267 by SnapShotsByTracy
same shot but in color

Tracy Stebbins

11 years 1 week ago #97269 by mj~shutterbugg
I agree about the contrast. My eye was also drawn to the tree branches in the upper right corner. I am just starting to try landscapes and have heard the sky is a huge element to it's success. I am waiting for the perfect sky to try again. Everyone here has great ideas.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: SnapShotsByTracy

11 years 1 week ago #97271 by SnapShotsByTracy
do overcast skys only apply to portrait photos then lol hope this isnt a dumb question

Tracy Stebbins

11 years 1 week ago #97279 by mj~shutterbugg
I was advised to have an interesting cloud pattern to add a dramatic backdrop to the buildings. The post with work is later on in this forum.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

11 years 1 week ago #97343 by Rob pix4u2
Clouds do make a big difference in a landscape pic

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Attachments:

11 years 1 week ago #97345 by GSpracklin
I agree with the above comments in regards to contrast.
With regard to the blown out sky, I think you should try cropping out more of the sky by following the rule of thirds.

11 years 1 week ago #97473 by photobod
Tracy I have just commented in another thread of yours and I have to be honest, you have a lot to learn about photography, I think the best thing you could do is go on a course be it on line or with a photographer doesnt matter, you need to grasp the elements of photography, you say there was nothing you could do with the sky, but there was, dont take the photo at the time of day you did, the majority of landscapes are taken at dawn or dusk to find that perfect quality of light, research photographers that are doing the type of photography you are interested in, look at there photos, you will never see a washed out sky on a landscape photo or a dullish shot down onto a childs head by a portrait photographer, sorry if it seems harsh I am trying to critique in a helpful way and hope it comes across so. :S :S :S

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

11 years 1 week ago #97483 by Rob pix4u2
David is right and you do need some direction in your photography. Pay attention to backgrounds, use filters to counter blown out skies. AS shadow has said you can make it if you spend the time improving your craft and have the thick skin to take critique.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022

What is a metal print? The easy answer is that it's an image printed on metal. But the best metal prints are a product of a more intricate process.

Jun 21, 2022

After using Linksys routers for many years, I switched to a Synology Router - the RT6600ax. Here are my first impressions!

Jun 15, 2022