examples of using ND filter

13 years 1 week ago #46285 by D1ixo
I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a ND filter. Can anyone post an example of a shot taken without the ND and with the ND filter. So I can see the difference, to know if it would be worth for me to buy one.

13 years 1 week ago #46313 by Baydream
This site might help you a bit. www.cokin.com/filtres2.html

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 1 week ago #46321 by chasrich

Baydream wrote: This site might help you a bit. www.cokin.com/filtres2.html

I had no idea there were so many colors available. Interesting effects on the photos for each color. Thanks John for the link...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 week ago #46344 by digishutterbug
I was talking to my nephew about this last week. He saw some advertised for a very cheap price and he was getting one. Said he would order me one if Iwanted it. I think after seeing that site I will take him up on it. Will have to talk to him a bit more about it. Thanks for the Link.

13 years 6 days ago #46789 by Photo Mojo
ND filters are very good when you need to slow down your shutter speed for special effect. Like water falls. That is why companies like Lee filters and B+W have 10 stop ND filters.

Photo Comments
13 years 6 days ago #47106 by Joves

Taken with a two stop filter at ISO100.

13 years 6 days ago #47112 by Baydream
I have an ND for my 50mm (25mm thread) and graduated NDs for my others (58mm thread) in grey and blue. They really come in handy in bright sun and at sunset. I also have a star filter that drops into the larger holder so I can play games with that, too.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024