Litra Torch vs Lume Cube?

3 years 9 months ago #604916 by Juan Anthony
Dang, last year I bought a Lume Cube and thought that was a pretty good light.  Unfortunately, I lost that light and need to buy a new one.  But now I see there is another option called Litra Torch.  It seems like a better priced option, and you get more goodies with it.  

Have any of you tested the Litra Torch?   I don't suppose you have compared it to the Lume Cube?  

Please share anything that you can.  Thanks!

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #605092 by Tim Dordeck
I have 2 Lume Cubes and they are durable, bright and good value.  With that said, I've not heard of this other company, but just looked up their Torch and it looks very good.  I would try it out. 

Photo Comments

3 years 8 months ago #608605 by Andrew AG
I have a Lume Cube and when I use it, it's awesome.  Never heard of the other one.  Did you pick up one yet?  

Photo Comments

3 years 8 months ago #610183 by Ted Helm
Did you try the Litra Torch?

If so, please let us know how that went.   

Photo Comments

3 years 5 months ago #625297 by Ruby Grace
Litra just released 2.0 light at CES and it's priced less

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments

3 years 5 months ago #625711 by Ian Stone

Ruby Grace wrote: Litra just released 2.0 light at CES and it's priced less

Did you order one yet?  

Photo Comments

3 years 5 months ago #625858 by Chris Briggs
Both are pretty kick ass.  For me, it's going to be who has the better price.  But with these, you need to get the 4 pack.  When out in the field, you won't have time to charge one quick enough.  These don't have that long of battery life.  

Photo Comments

3 years 5 months ago #626830 by Camera Diva
Hi Juan,

My husband got me a couple of these Lume Cubes for Christmas, they are cute and they do work very well.  There is an app you can use to control them as well, stuff like brightness and duration.  

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments

3 years 5 months ago #628107 by Soccer Mom
PM me, let me know what you got and what you thought about it please.  I've been reviewing reviews on both and on the fence.  

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments

3 years 1 month ago #644082 by Cara Wilkins
I have the original Lume Cube which is so darn cute.  But Santa last year got me one of those Torches and it's such a better light.  Perhaps the newer Cubes are better than their original, got me.  But the Torch is so good.  Aputure makes one too, it's just not waterproof.  

Photo Comments

3 years 1 month ago #644382 by George F
Do either of these companies have an app that will control multiple lights at once? 

Photo Comments

3 years 4 weeks ago #647255 by Chester Foster
They both need to get an app to use and control.  I like the Litra Pro version, but they fail because Torch doesn't have app control.  :toetap:

3 years 6 days ago #649847 by Sanford
Go with the Pro version, it's larger, better battery life, app supported and brighter.

Photo Comments

2 years 11 months ago #651989 by Raymond Z
Lume Cube is brighter than the Litra Torch isn't it?

Photo Comments

2 years 10 months ago #655164 by Red Tail
I have one, but can't find the darn thing!  It would be cool that they had an app that helps you find a lost or misplaced light.  It's been lost for 2 months now.  But I will say it's bright as hell.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Looking for Best Budget Camera of 2022? Here’s my pick- Sony ZV-1. This best budget camera is loaded with features that give it lots of bang for your buck.

Feb 18, 2022

Latest Articles

A personalized wedding photos album is a product you can use to make your client's special day that much better - and they come in many different forms.

Jul 01, 2022

Not every photo book is made alike. Some are superior to others because of the options you get. Learn what to look for in this guide.

Jun 28, 2022

What is the best camera in 2022? That's a loaded question whose answer depends on many factors. In this guide, we'll explore some great options!

Jun 22, 2022

GoPro accessories come in all shapes, sizes and price points. But which ones are the best? We offer our favorite picks in this 2022 guide.

Jun 22, 2022

Not sure how to grow your photography business? Check this beginner business guide to learn a few inside tricks to hit the ground running.

Jun 22, 2022

The Panasonic GH3 is an older camera, but despite its age, it has many specs and features that offer photographers a good experience in 2022.

Jun 22, 2022

If you're in the market for some Sony FE lenses for your kit, use this guide to learn more about three excellent prime and zoom lens options.

Jun 22, 2022

If you want to take the best close-up images, you'll need some macro photography lenses to get the clearest, sharpest photos.

Jun 21, 2022