Litra Torch vs Lume Cube?

5 years 7 months ago #604916 by Juan Anthony
Dang, last year I bought a Lume Cube and thought that was a pretty good light.  Unfortunately, I lost that light and need to buy a new one.  But now I see there is another option called Litra Torch.  It seems like a better priced option, and you get more goodies with it.  

Have any of you tested the Litra Torch?   I don't suppose you have compared it to the Lume Cube?  

Please share anything that you can.  Thanks!

Photo Comments
5 years 7 months ago #605092 by Tim Dordeck
I have 2 Lume Cubes and they are durable, bright and good value.  With that said, I've not heard of this other company, but just looked up their Torch and it looks very good.  I would try it out. 

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #608605 by Andrew AG
I have a Lume Cube and when I use it, it's awesome.  Never heard of the other one.  Did you pick up one yet?  

Photo Comments
5 years 6 months ago #610183 by Ted Helm
Did you try the Litra Torch?

If so, please let us know how that went.   

Photo Comments
5 years 3 months ago #625297 by Ruby Grace
Litra just released 2.0 light at CES and it's priced less

Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 17-40mmL, 24-105mmL, 100-400mmL, 300mm f/4L IS, Sigma 12-24mm, 430EX, Extension tubes
Photo Comments
5 years 3 months ago #625711 by Ian Stone

Ruby Grace wrote: Litra just released 2.0 light at CES and it's priced less

Did you order one yet?  

Photo Comments
5 years 3 months ago #625858 by Chris Briggs
Both are pretty kick ass.  For me, it's going to be who has the better price.  But with these, you need to get the 4 pack.  When out in the field, you won't have time to charge one quick enough.  These don't have that long of battery life.  

Photo Comments
5 years 3 months ago #626830 by Camera Diva
Hi Juan,

My husband got me a couple of these Lume Cubes for Christmas, they are cute and they do work very well.  There is an app you can use to control them as well, stuff like brightness and duration.  

At the beginning of time there was absolutely nothing. And then it exploded! - Terry Pratchett
Photo Comments
5 years 2 months ago #628107 by Soccer Mom
PM me, let me know what you got and what you thought about it please.  I've been reviewing reviews on both and on the fence.  

Canon 7D, 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 70-200mm L f/2.8, 100mm and 17-55mm f/2.8
Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644082 by Cara Wilkins
I have the original Lume Cube which is so darn cute.  But Santa last year got me one of those Torches and it's such a better light.  Perhaps the newer Cubes are better than their original, got me.  But the Torch is so good.  Aputure makes one too, it's just not waterproof.  

Photo Comments
4 years 11 months ago #644382 by George F
Do either of these companies have an app that will control multiple lights at once? 

Photo Comments
4 years 10 months ago #647255 by Chester Foster
They both need to get an app to use and control.  I like the Litra Pro version, but they fail because Torch doesn't have app control.  :toetap:

4 years 9 months ago #649847 by Sanford
Go with the Pro version, it's larger, better battery life, app supported and brighter.

Photo Comments
4 years 9 months ago #651989 by Raymond Z
Lume Cube is brighter than the Litra Torch isn't it?

Photo Comments
4 years 8 months ago #655164 by Red Tail
I have one, but can't find the darn thing!  It would be cool that they had an app that helps you find a lost or misplaced light.  It's been lost for 2 months now.  But I will say it's bright as hell.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024