Yellow and Black Garden Spider

12 years 7 months ago #133208 by fotozone
I am going to post these from yesterday then I need to shut down I do some other non photography things :(

The belly

Do to the angle I had to shoot at I could not get the eyes in focus. This spider was in the middle of a very densely planted bed and if I damaged anything these would have been the last photos I ever took. :nunu:
Attachments:
12 years 7 months ago #133211 by mazz1956
Nice picture!

Joanne
12 years 7 months ago #133242 by Dori
Wow!!!! These are fantastic!! :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 7 months ago #133361 by robbie

Dori wrote: Wow!!!! These are fantastic!! :judge:

:agree:
Plus you are scarying people with your spiders,we want to sleep at nights....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Great images BTW!

12 years 7 months ago #133369 by Screamin Scott
Nice samples of an orb-weaver spider (family Araneidae)...I have some of this very same genus...They are fairly common...(lots of variations as well...)

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #133430 by Moe
Great photo, how are you able to photograph the spiders before they move?

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #133441 by mstrozewski
Isn't the technical term for this spider a tropical spider? I've seen one before..they build huge webs and get pretty big.

12 years 7 months ago #133443 by robbie
Congrats on the 'Facebook' link!

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #133450 by The Time Capturer
In Canada, or at least Ontario, they are also known as the "Common Garden Spider." Thankfully, they aren't that common here because they are huge ... especially to an arachnophobe. I've only stumbled upon one and got some cool pix myself. Excellent photo!!
:judge:

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 7 months ago #133467 by dang
Good shots, Lila. I can't see a problem with the focus, the dof carries through nicely.
Well done. :judge:

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

12 years 7 months ago #133468 by Pixelchix
Nicely done.

12 years 7 months ago #133473 by photobod
:judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: Lila

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 7 months ago #133492 by Oscar Cohen
These guys look so much different this close up. Great shot

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #133930 by fotozone
Thanks everyone. Robbie maybe I will make my next post a bird or flower, although I do dream of spiders :lol: or at least the opportunity to get shots like this.
12 years 7 months ago #133945 by robbie

fotozone wrote: Thanks everyone. Robbie maybe I will make my next post a bird or flower, although I do dream of spiders :lol: or at least the opportunity to get shots like this.

But not the scary dreams like us....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The following user(s) said Thank You: metalmike92593

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024