Frog :D Please leave your critique

12 years 1 month ago #208850 by Hussain Al Mousa
I like some shots of frog here that's why I Decided to leave very early today to shot some :D

Feel free to comment :)

I am just a guy with a camera...
12 years 1 month ago #208861 by Darrell
When I step back from my monitor it looks good but close it looks very grainy. :beerbang:

You will not be judged as a photographer by the pictures you take, but by the pictures you show.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hussain Al Mousa
12 years 1 month ago #208873 by Hussain Al Mousa

Darrell wrote: When I step back from my monitor it looks good but close it looks very grainy. :beerbang:

Yes taht's right :toocrazy:

I don't know how to deal with her skin :( If I zoom out it's look good but I don't like the sharpen if I get close The skin reflect by the sun and my flash.

any advice in how to do it ?? I appreciate Thanks :) :silly:

12 years 1 month ago #208885 by dang
Looks good to me Hussain. It might be a tad bit over-sharp, but I think most of it's due to the coloration of the frog. If you notice the background, it's clean as a whistle, without noise.
Good shot, keep 'em coming. :judge:

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

12 years 1 month ago #208926 by in3tro
oh my that's a frog? Never seen a frog that close up before, so I am not used to the angle. Great pic!

12 years 1 month ago #208927 by in3tro

dang wrote: Looks good to me Hussain. It might be a tad bit over-sharp, but I think most of it's due to the coloration of the frog. If you notice the background, it's clean as a whistle, without noise.

:agree: the grain that we see must be the texture on the skin of the frog, because the background is perfectly smooth.

12 years 1 month ago #208975 by Dori
I agree, the 'noise' is the frog's skin. Did you realize you can see your reflection in the eye?? :rofl: :rofl: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 1 month ago #209134 by Hussain Al Mousa

dang wrote: Looks good to me Hussain. It might be a tad bit over-sharp, but I think most of it's due to the coloration of the frog. If you notice the background, it's clean as a whistle, without noise.

Hello Tom, I used F40 To get the highest DOF that's why it's over sharp :D
Any why will find a way to do it better than this :) ( THERE IS ALWAYS BETTER WAY )

12 years 1 month ago #209135 by Hussain Al Mousa

in3tro wrote: oh my that's a frog? Never seen a frog that close up before, so I am not used to the angle. Great pic!

You see it right now :P . You shall try it :)

12 years 1 month ago #209136 by Hussain Al Mousa

Dori wrote: I agree, the 'noise' is the frog's skin. Did you realize you can see your reflection in the eye?? :rofl: :rofl: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge: :judge:

Yes I realize that :D

hope I can try it again. I need to try it ^_^

12 years 1 month ago #209149 by dang

Hussain Al Mousa wrote:

Hello Tom, I used F40 To get the highest DOF that's why it's over sharp :D
Any why will find a way to do it better than this :) ( THERE IS ALWAYS BETTER WAY )

F/40 is a bit drastic. You'll get Diffraction and can't get the image to sharpen properly. This is why so many macro shooters " Stack Photos " to gain DOF instead of stopping down. Even at f/16, an image isn't as sharp as one taken at f/8. While some people will say it's not that critical, I've learned over the years to open up more.

Considering the f/stop, it looks even better to me now... that's quiet a feat to get it looking so good.
:cheers:

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

12 years 1 month ago #209179 by Hussain Al Mousa
I didn't go under F16 at all :D

I'll try it this night :) and I'll feed you back ^_*

12 years 1 month ago #209199 by dang
Cool, See if sharpening seems to change for you. :cheers:

www.dangphoto.weebly.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024