Getting close..

12 years 10 months ago #86623 by DestinDave
This is a little out of my element.. shot with Sigma 70-300 set at 300-Macro, f/8, 1/1000.. good thing I could shoot that fast because the wind was pretty strong.. Critiques welcomed.

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #86633 by Baydream
Nice shot.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #86635 by photobod
Its a lovely shot Dave, I personaly cannot fault it, so I will leave that to the macro officiandos.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #86639 by The Time Capturer
When I was mainly a nature photographer, wind was not my friend. Great capture.:)

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #86661 by Rob pix4u2
beautiful shot Dave- love that you were able to defeat the wind

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #86795 by dang
Nice shot, Dave. I don't see anything to critique here. Well done.

Insanity: doing the same thing over, and over again expecting different results. (Albert Einstein)
www.dangphoto.weebly.com

12 years 10 months ago #86993 by DestinDave
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #87019 by chasrich
I like it! :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #87029 by Nikonjan
Looks great to me!:judge:

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #87039 by robbie
Looks good Dave,only thing I don`t like is the white area on the second flower which needs a slight toning or patching jmho.

12 years 10 months ago #87257 by DestinDave
Thanks again everyone..
Robbie, I see what you mean - what would be the best way to tone that area down? If I use the Burn tool, it just turns it greyish.. I also tried Lasso around the area, New Layer from Copy with a Hue/Sat layer then Layer Mask to feather away the edges.. still has a grey cast to it.. Also tried a Gradient overlay to the new layer of just that area using a shade of orange from the petal fading to transparent and again feathering with a Layer Mask..
Don't know what to try next.... WWRD?

Dave Speicher
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #87283 by robbie

DestinDave wrote: Thanks again everyone..
Robbie, I see what you mean - what would be the best way to tone that area down? If I use the Burn tool, it just turns it greyish.. I also tried Lasso around the area, New Layer from Copy with a Hue/Sat layer then Layer Mask to feather away the edges.. still has a grey cast to it.. Also tried a Gradient overlay to the new layer of just that area using a shade of orange from the petal fading to transparent and again feathering with a Layer Mask..
Don't know what to try next.... WWRD?

Try select the area to manipulate and use the patch tool.That`s where the beauty of Viveza2 comes in,I would drop a 'control point' there and manipulate it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DestinDave
12 years 10 months ago #89155 by canon4me
very nice!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024