Two of Us [Ir shot with 665nm D200]

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #126104 by robbie

bw ir

color Ir

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #126105 by MLKstudios
Ahh. Good title change. :)

Very nice work. I kinda like the b&w best, but nothing at all wrong with the color version.

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 8 months ago #126107 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Are these shot in IR or posted in IR? Using an IR type filter in post.

Edited Matthew,thanks.
Another one...

Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #126110 by MLKstudios
That's excellent, robbie!!

I've only toyed with digital IR (have an old Oly with no IR filter on the sensor). Never had a need for it in commercial work. Now that I have more free time, I should check it out more.

Again, excellent!! :)

PS could I break your copyright and post this on a friendly photo forum (private)?

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #126113 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Ahh. Good title change. :)

Very nice work. I kinda like the b&w best, but nothing at all wrong with the color version.

Thanks,appreciate your input and kind comment.Re the 'another one' shot...had to push up 'structure' pretty high so the bird can rise above the background.

12 years 8 months ago #126115 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: That's excellent, robbie!!

I've only toyed with digital IR (have an old Oly with no IR filter on the sensor). Never had a need for it in commercial work. Now that I have more free time, I should check it out more.

Again, excellent!! :)

PS could I break your copyright and post this on a friendly photo forum (private)?

Yes you have my approval to use this image,no problem.

12 years 8 months ago #126117 by MLKstudios
Thank you!

BTW I peeked at it in Ps. I often examine my own editing "by the numbers". The whites are perfect, and some of the blacks are 0,0,0 which is fine if you want them that way (that adds depth to an image), but I like my blacks to not be pure black. Maybe 3, 4 or 5's.

Hope you don't mind a super critical "critique". The work is good enough to warrant a fine tooth comb.

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 8 months ago #126121 by robbie

MLKstudios wrote: Thank you!

BTW I peeked at it in Ps. I often examine my own editing "by the numbers". The whites are perfect, and some of the blacks are 0,0,0 which is fine if you want them that way (that adds depth to an image), but I like my blacks to not be pure black. Maybe 3, 4 or 5's.

Hope you don't mind a super critical "critique". The work is good enough to warrant a fine tooth comb.

Matthew :)

Thank you!I don`t mind strong constructive critique as it will only help me to improve.The image would be of the same tonal range but I darken the foliage and pushed 'structure' up on the bird to enhance it.
Appreciate the 'critique'
Thanks again.

12 years 8 months ago #126221 by Shadowfixer1
I haven't thought to try IR on birds. Hmmm... maybe next time in FL it will be something new for me to try. Good job.
12 years 8 months ago #126398 by robbie
Thanks everyone,appreciate the comments.Shadowfixer I know you will do a good job.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024