Just sitting quietly minding its own business

img\def

exif- Panny FZ-300; 1/640s x F4,0; ISO-100; lens at 24x zoom / 600mm FFequiv

As always, feedback welcome
Phil

Phil from the great land Downunder
www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

6 months 2 weeks ago #757110 by Pitter
Nice photo, a most interesting bird. I don't know what they eat but I don't think I'd like to be a little lizard nearby.

6 months 1 week ago #757129 by Ozzie_Traveller

Pitter wrote: Nice photo, a most interesting bird. I don't know what they eat but I don't think I'd like to be a little lizard nearby.

G'day mate

Kookaburras eat small ground-dwelling things like frogs, lizards, mice, sometimes locusts and similar.
Kingfishers (closely related, similar looking and brighter colours) eat water-borne fish, frogs, etc

Phil

6 months 1 week ago #757156 by db3348
Good shot , Phil .
The subtle brown plumage contrasts nicely against the sky .

Photo Comments
6 months 6 days ago #757344 by Tim Kelley
I love watching animal planet and shows on animals!  Did you know that kookaburras are often called "laughing kookaburras" because of their distinctive call? It's said to sound like echoing human laughter. Legend has it in Australia that the kookaburra's morning chorus is them laughing at all the world's sleepyheads who are still in bed. So, next time you hear a kookaburra, remember – it might just be giving you a cheeky wake-up call! It was Animal Planet or some Discovery show that just had a show on these birds.

Photo Comments
6 months 3 days ago #757466 by Adam Wilson
This so cute. I love this shot a lot. 

6 months 3 days ago #757470 by Norse Photographer
Good eye, my mother knew birds very well and as kids she would point out birds and name them.  As kids we didn't pay much attention and that is one thing I regret these days.  Photographing birds is an art form, you nailed this one nicely!

6 months 3 days ago #757475 by Joslyn
These birds are native to where?  I've not seen one before.  Cute photo though. 

Photo Comments
6 months 3 days ago #757498 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day Joslyn

I'll give you a clue :) ... Kookaburra + Kingfisher + Kangaroo + Koala all are found across this great land Downunder

Phil

6 months 1 day ago #757578 by EOS_Fan

Ozzie_Traveller wrote: G'day Joslyn

I'll give you a clue :) ... Kookaburra + Kingfisher + Kangaroo + Koala all are found across this great land Downunder

Phil

Hate to burst the balloon, however Kingfishers are found in the USA as well! :)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024