Lens: 200.0-400.0 mm f/4.0
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/640 sec
Captured: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 17:25pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
6 months 11 hours ago #757567 by KZAM
Posing for the camera!  How aggressive or curious are these cats when you are out there?  

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
6 months 11 hours ago #757569 by Ted Baker
It's hard to believe my cat that is sitting between my feet is related to this beast of a cat!  Remarkable shot 

Photo Comments
6 months 8 hours ago #757576 by EOS_Fan

Ted Baker wrote: It's hard to believe my cat that is sitting between my feet is related to this beast of a cat!  Remarkable shot 

Haha, right?! It's like thinking your lazy, couch-potato cousin twice removed is somehow related to an Olympic athlete in the family. Yep, both your ankle-warmer Fluffy and that majestic mane model are members of the "Cool Cats Club" a.k.a the Felidae family. I guess it's kind of like how both a Smart car and a monster truck are technically "vehicles." Both have wheels, but I know which one I'd rather be in during a traffic jam! #CatsOfAllSizesMatter

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira
6 months 8 hours ago #757577 by EOS_Fan
BTW Exposuretour peep, another banger shot!  :judge:

Photo Comments
6 months 3 hours ago #757584 by bryanpereira

KZAM wrote: Posing for the camera!  How aggressive or curious are these cats when you are out there?  

It depends on alot of factors. Over the years I've come to realise the biggest contribution to animal aggression is man. In certain cheaper  parks the animals are more aggrevated due to bus loads of budget tourists  who are loud, try and wake the animals etc
They tend not to be too curious except for cubs mostly lions. cheetah are just very chill rather then then curious

IMG_20180815_183958_839.jpg[/attachmen[attachment=43537]IMG_20180815_183958_839.jpg[/attachmen

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 4 weeks ago #757610 by JaneK
Are people feeding these animals, is that why they come up to the trucks like this?

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757617 by bryanpereira

JaneK wrote: Are people feeding these animals, is that why they come up to the trucks like this?

Not at all, cheetahs like to view prey from higher areas like mounds in the landscapes. On the flat savanna one of the highest things could be a vehicle so if thats the reason. No other big cats do it, just cheetah who are naturally very relaxed

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757619 by Photo Junky
Have you been tempted to pet the animal or let them sniff your hand? 

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757623 by Colorado Mike
Proud cat!  :judge:

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757624 by bryanpereira

Photo Junky wrote: Have you been tempted to pet the animal or let them sniff your hand? 

Tempted yes but you should never attempt ro touch these wild animals or get to close

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757634 by Owen
When you head out on these adventures, is it easy to find the animals to photograph?  

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757642 by bryanpereira

Owen wrote: When you head out on these adventures, is it easy to find the animals to photograph?  

Its unpredictable as to what you will find and what they will be doing. However, I know where the lion prides hang out and some of the leopards favorite's areas.
On this trip I had all three... leopards, cheetahs and lions 8 days out of 9! Im going again next year so looking forward to  that

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757648 by Owen

bryanpereira wrote:

Owen wrote: When you head out on these adventures, is it easy to find the animals to photograph?  

Its unpredictable as to what you will find and what they will be doing. However, I know where the lion prides hang out and some of the leopards favorite's areas.
On this trip I had all three... leopards, cheetahs and lions 8 days out of 9! Im going again next year so looking forward to  that

How often have you been there?  

Photo Comments
5 months 4 weeks ago #757649 by bryanpereira

Owen wrote:

bryanpereira wrote:

How often have you been there?  

Dozens of times, I've been doing the photo safari twice a year since the late 80's Apart from during covid which was a 3-4 year break back now  though! :-)

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024