Lens: 200.0-400.0 mm f/4.0
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/2500 sec
Captured: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 12:20pm

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #757758 by Rich Beaumont
That cat looks like he is ready to f' something up! 

Life's to short, SMILE!
Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757760 by Ira Weber
I'd like to see what unfolded after this.  Mother Nature doesn't mess around!  

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757761 by Frost Photography

Ira Weber wrote: I'd like to see what unfolded after this.  Mother Nature doesn't mess around!  

After seeing this post  and your comment it reminded me of a video I saw a few months ago, just found it: 

"The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera."
Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757762 by bryanpereira

Ira Weber wrote: I'd like to see what unfolded after this.  Mother Nature doesn't mess around!  

The majority of attempted kills end in failure except for larger coordinated prides. This cheetah just spotted some gazelle but didnt pursue/ 
Unlike these guys

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D850
Lens: 200.0-400.0 mm f/4.0
ISO: 360
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 8:20am

Lens: 200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
ISO: 320
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Captured: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 9:55am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #757765 by Sandy Smith Photos
Boy, stark reminder to your other photo that shows these cats hanging out on the truck with you, these animals are A+ preditors and can mess you up!  I was watching a video (which I'll try to find) of this Russian couple who have one of these for a pet and the animal behaves just like a normal cat. Super cute.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira
5 months 3 weeks ago #757766 by Sandy Smith Photos
Found it, OMG 60 seconds watching this and reminded just how cute this cat is!!

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757770 by Tim Chiang

Sandy Smith Photos wrote: Found it, OMG 60 seconds watching this and reminded just how cute this cat is!!

WOW that is crazy how domesticated those big cats are!!

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757771 by Tim Chiang

bryanpereira wrote:

The majority of attempted kills end in failure except for larger coordinated prides. This cheetah just spotted some gazelle but didnt pursue/ 
Unlike these guys

Lens: 200.0-500.0 mm f/5.6
ISO: 320
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Captured: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 9:55am

Some animals get protective over their meals, do you ever see this behavior with these cats?

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757781 by bryanpereira
Some animals get protective over their meals, do you ever see this behavior with these cats?[/quote]

It varies with the species. Lions are the most protective, cheetah are the least they have  fragile bones and not much body mass so they are more likly to back away from confrontation.  When they get prey try eat fast and go for the soft organs as they prey will lily be taken by scavengers very soon

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757786 by Carter Gledhill

Tim Chiang wrote:

Sandy Smith Photos wrote: Found it, OMG 60 seconds watching this and reminded just how cute this cat is!!

WOW that is crazy how domesticated those big cats are!!

I had no idea people could get these sort of animals as pets!  And just to think I thought having a Pitbull made you look tough, these people have a Puma and Cheetah!  

Exposure tour - incredible shots you have taken here!!! 

5 months 3 weeks ago #757801 by bryanpereira

Carter Gledhill wrote:

Tim Chiang wrote:

Thanks! defiantly not a fan of domesticating these animals though. In a few centuries  we will end up with little genetically miniatured cheetahs being walked in peoples handbangs for show much the same way as dogs have been bred to fit a market demand for cuteness

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757802 by JaneK

bryanpereira wrote: Some animals get protective over their meals, do you ever see this behavior with these cats?

It varies with the species. Lions are the most protective, cheetah are the least they have  fragile bones and not much body mass so they are more likly to back away from confrontation.  When they get prey try eat fast and go for the soft organs as they prey will lily be taken by scavengers very soon[/quote]

My sister has a tea cup yorkie and that little dog has had so many problems.  So I agree with you.  While adorable, leave the wild animal in the wild.  It was nice these people saved the animal, but must be places where they can sponsor such animals that can then be reintroduced to the wild or zoo with others of its kind.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira
5 months 3 weeks ago #757820 by Toby J
So wait, will the different breed of cats get along?  

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757827 by bryanpereira

Toby J wrote: So wait, will the different breed of cats get along?  

No most of the same species don't get along depending on the age and sex. Cats are territorial so  lions will always chase cheetah and leopards away

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024