Lens: 200.0-400.0 mm f/4.0
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec
Captured: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 10:12am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 3 weeks ago #757807 by Scuba Mike
Are those flies on its face?  How in the world does an animal light this stay healthy?  

BTW your shot is so sharp you can see the flies on a lions face!  Bad A$$

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757809 by bryanpereira

Scuba Mike wrote: Are those flies on its face?  How in the world does an animal light this stay healthy?  

BTW your shot is so sharp you can see the flies on a lions face!  Bad A$$

Thanks!
mostly they come for moisture especially around the eyes and the animals are used to them its only a problem with cuts

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757813 by Cara Wilkins
Loving your work, new fan and saved your website.  My father when he retired traveled all through Africa and Middle East with his camera and would tell stories of the beauties he would find in these places.  He often would avoid the larger cities and instead look for places to stay in the smaller less touristy areas.  I was just talking with him three weeks ago that one of my biggest regrets was my junior year in college during my summer break, he offered to take me with him to Tanzania for a 21 day adventure.  That was when I was first getting into photography, but didn't exactly have the 'itch' for it yet.  I was so worried about missing time with my friends that I passed that opportunity up to spend valuable time with my father, with what would have been one of his last trips there due to a bad knee injury just over 2 years after.  He had the same guide that he used in each of these places, someone that understood my father and what he wanted to get out of each trip.  It's funny how when we are young we misplace values/opportunities that we later regret actions we did or didn't do.  So long story short your photos remind me of experiences (photos) my dad would share with us kids.  Thank you for sharing.  

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757828 by bryanpereira
Your very welcome thank you for the lovly story! I never got to take my father as he passed away so I know what you mean.

It's true when we are young we take things for granted. There is a poignant saying... "Youth is waisted on the young"

I have people of all ages coming on safari  oldest has been late 70's so we get a mix.  Your father probably also did alot of driving as well Now days we fly in and out of the game parks so there is more time in the wild. I'm sure it's wonderful ro listen ro his stories.

Thanks for visiting the site. There is also a Facebook page and feel free to email me  as well
[email protected]

www.facebook.com/exposuretours

quote="Cara Wilkins" post=757813]Loving your work, new fan and saved your website.  My father when he retired traveled all through Africa and Middle East with his camera and would tell stories of the beauties he would find in these places.  He often would avoid the larger cities and instead look for places to stay in the smaller less touristy areas.  I was just talking with him three weeks ago that one of my biggest regrets was my junior year in college during my summer break, he offered to take me with him to Tanzania for a 21 day adventure.  That was when I was first getting into photography, but didn't exactly have the 'itch' for it yet.  I was so worried about missing time with my friends that I passed that opportunity up to spend valuable time with my father, with what would have been one of his last trips there due to a bad knee injury just over 2 years after.  He had the same guide that he used in each of these places, someone that understood my father and what he wanted to get out of each trip.  It's funny how when we are young we misplace values/opportunities that we later regret actions we did or didn't do.  So long story short your photos remind me of experiences (photos) my dad would share with us kids.  Thank you for sharing.  [/quote]

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757830 by Don Granger
I just left a comment for a another photo that shares the same attributes as this one:  great choice of aperture and a certain splash of color that makes the jumps out.  Now the color pop in this one is a little less present, but those red flowers jump out nicely against the surroundings with the lioness and tree.  Very good shot.

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757837 by bryanpereira

Don Granger wrote: I just left a comment for a another photo that shares the same attributes as this one:  great choice of aperture and a certain splash of color that makes the jumps out.  Now the color pop in this one is a little less present, but those red flowers jump out nicely against the surroundings with the lioness and tree.  Very good shot.

Thanks, I didnt initially notice that until I posted it and saw the flowers

Photo Comments
5 months 3 weeks ago #757869 by Tim Dordeck
Not much to say that hasn't been said already about this photo.  She looks like a happy girl.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024