Lens: 200.0-400.0 mm f/4.0
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec
Captured: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 7:05am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
5 months 7 hours ago #758838 by Greg Friedman
Dude your photos demand clicking!  First to comment!  

:judge:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryanpereira
4 months 4 weeks ago #758859 by Red Tail
@#$#%^^!!!  Look at those teeth!  What a portrait!  

Thank you for sharing

Photo Comments
4 months 4 weeks ago #758877 by Tim Wiener
Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

Photo Comments
4 months 4 weeks ago #758884 by bryanpereira

Tim Wiener wrote: Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

Yes at night in the camps sometimes you can hear them, I guess at night and given its open savanna it can travel further

Photo Comments
4 months 4 weeks ago #758891 by Howard Swanson
Fierce, however these are such great looking animals. 

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #758940 by No Show

Tim Wiener wrote: Another big winner!  Did you know that a lion's roar can be heard up to 5 miles away?

OK, I watch a lot of Discovery and didn't know that.  Very cool fun fact!

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #758967 by Eliffman
I have a question for you which I didn't see any mention of this on your site, but when you go heading out, what happens if you don't find any big animals?   Do you just keep driving around or head back to where base camp is and come out another day?  

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #758968 by Eliffman

Howard Swanson wrote: Fierce, however these are such great looking animals. 

Hey Howard, got your message.  Thank you, good tip!  I just responded as well.  

Photo Comments
4 months 3 weeks ago #758980 by bryanpereira

Eliffman wrote: I have a question for you which I didn't see any mention of this on your site, but when you go heading out, what happens if you don't find any big animals?   Do you just keep driving around or head back to where base camp is and come out another day?  

Good question its not mentioned because it never happens!  Been doing this around 30 years  and I see one of the big five every day. One day I saw all 5! Think of it as like going to a mall at lunchtime midweek. You wont see huge crowds like on a saturday, but a steady stream and if you turn a corner and no one is there around the next one you will see a few people.

Here is a blog I wrote back in 2016 highlighting 24 hours of some of my favorite sightings
www.exposuretours.com/24-hours-in-the-mara/

Here you have some group shots NO PHOTOSHOP Just incase you have doubts

Make: NIKON CORPORATION
Model: NIKON D700
Lens: 80.0-200.0 mm f/2.8
ISO: 200
Aperture: f/5.6
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
Captured: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 4:25am

Photo Comments
Attachments:
4 months 3 weeks ago #759115 by Randy Fisher
Incredible photos.  I see a couple rhino in the last shots.  A friend and I were just talking about rhino's last week, I want to say there is only something like ~26,000 of them left on the planet.  Shame.  

4 months 3 weeks ago #759130 by bryanpereira

Randy Fisher wrote: Incredible photos.  I see a couple rhino in the last shots.  A friend and I were just talking about rhino's last week, I want to say there is only something like ~26,000 of them left on the planet.  Shame.  

Yes they are hard to find, The first day of the safari we go to a reserve where quite a few black and white rhino live. That way you can bag the shot and after everything else is easy 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024