Happy Holidays to all

13 years 5 months ago #7635 by bdroberts
:) :)

No tht is not me in the avitar, but I could be that old. I started in my fathers dark room (for those younger, that is where we used to do our creative work), when I was 8 years old.
Played grip at weddings from 8-16 when I was sent on my first wedding alone. 4x5 speed graphic and flash bulbs. Dad and I each had 12 film holders so we could each do 24 shots.
Our package was 20 8x10 in album. So there was no double shooting. Of course that was in 1956.
I operated my first portrat studio at age 21. That closed in two years, because I was short in proper buisiness functions.
I have been a commercial photog for 20 years, then a portrait photog for 20+ years, and a studio consultant for 20 years. I consider myself a "Photographic Artist".

Photography is my second love after my wife and 4 kids, 5 grand kids, and 1 great grand child.

If you do not have that knowledge of what , exactly (you) are worth per hour., you are doomed in this profession no matter how good you are with a camera, or how much equipment you have.

First Things First.....
One of my favorite things is to share how to determine your hourly value. Without that, you have no way of knowing what to charge and you do what most do is copy from another photog, which is totaly the wrong way. It is very simple to figure.

So, if you have ANY questions about photography, do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Happy Holidays to alll,

Bruce D. Roberts, M.Photog.,CPP, EICPP

BD Roberts, M. Photog., CPP, EICPP

www.bdroberts.com

Photo Consultant to the industry

13 years 5 months ago #7637 by Fiesta!
Really nice to have you here Bruce! Welcome to the site! ;)

Photo Comments
13 years 5 months ago #7679 by Clark Elliott Photography
welcome aboard Bruce, looking forward to seeing some of your post. And hearing what you have to say, always keen to good advice ect... Clark

13 years 5 months ago #7681 by Mah and PaH
Welcome to the site, I agree with Clark. I can't wait to see your photos and posts :cheer:

13 years 5 months ago #7749 by flyingv
Welcome!! I hope you will share some of your knowledge with us!!;)

13 years 5 months ago #7793 by bdroberts
:cheer:
Thanks to the warm reception. I don't thrust out info in areas that are not requested, however if there is a question or an area anyone would like my opinion, just ask, throw out the idea. We can all have an opinion.

You know opinions are like ear lobes. Everyone has two of em....:evil:

I will see about putting up some images if I can figure it out on this forum.

www.bdroberts.com

13 years 5 months ago #7796 by ldkd
I look forward to seeing your work! Welcome to PT!

13 years 5 months ago #7797 by bdroberts
OK..as weddings are always a topic, I have posted a few from my granddaughter's wedding this summer to get things started.

I hope this is the last wedding I ever have to cover...I want to pass this on to the younger set of knees. My father trained me, and if I can share some thoughts and strong principles about wedding photography I can sure do that.

There have been some unknowing bad reactions created by people with cameras at weddings since the digital revolution has taken place. We need to clean up the act!

www.bdroberts.com

13 years 5 months ago #7838 by Augustin
Nice to meet you!

Photo Comments
13 years 5 months ago #7883 by bdroberts
:) Hello to you too.

www.bdroberts.com

Attachments:
13 years 4 months ago #8858 by Stealthy Ninja
Hi there and welcome. :D
13 years 4 months ago #8866 by Scotty
Happy holidays to you, welcome!

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024