how to take action photos with NIKON D60 cameras?

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #207663 by nazarjamal
Dear EXPERTS,

Iam holding a DSLR camera brand NIKON D-60 . Iam a soccer lover and i want to take action photos with this camera..Most of the time when i took photos, it becomes blurr or shake.........i adjusted the camera with continued focus with sports function in it.. Iam having a lense of 70-300mm tamron which fits in D60..

Could you pls let me know the outcome how to take action photos especially night with this camera ?. Thanks a lot...

Attachments:
12 years 1 month ago #207667 by Baydream
Where to start.
1. I would use an ISO of 400 (800 if its too dark but you will get more noise).
2. Use aperture priority and use the largest aperture on your lens (smallest f number - probably 4.5) to get the fastest shutter speed possible under the conditions.
Use a tripod or monopod to steady the shot. If they are not possible brace against a post or railing, anything to steady your camera and lens.
3. On the first one, it looks like you were zooming as you shot (giving those outward "streaks").

Others will have differing opinions but I think these might be a start.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darrell
12 years 1 month ago #207682 by srfotog
Definitely a tripod or at the very least a monopod. I don't know if your lens has VR, but if so, turn it off when you use a tripod.

12 years 1 month ago #207693 by john_m

Baydream wrote: Where to start.
2. Use aperture priority and use the largest aperture on your lens (smallest f number - probably 4.5) to get the fastest shutter speed possible under the conditions.
Use a tripod or monopod to steady the shot. If they are not possible brace against a post or railing, anything to steady your camera and lens.
3. On the first one, it looks like you were zooming as you shot (giving those outward "streaks").

:agree:
Im assuming its a 70-300 D-lens?? Its going to be pretty difficult shooting at 300mm handheld lol. Deffinitely invest in a tripod and like already said a fast shutter speed. Once on a tripod, you will be able to play with some slower shutter speeds for a little more movement in the photo.

Nikon D200
Nikon 50mm f1.8D, Tokina 28-80 f2.8, Nikon 75-300, Sigma 18-200, Nikon SB-600, Nikon SB-25, Promaster triggers

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #207730 by McBeth Photography

Baydream wrote: Where to start.

I'm shooting with a D60 right now and have been VERY pleased with the ISO @ 800. I think Baydream is on the right path, but personally, I would start the ISO at 800 with no reservations. The whole goal is a shutter speed between 1/250th to 1/500th second for sports. :)

It is what it is.
12 years 1 month ago #208244 by WillF
Your first photo reminds me of taking the shot at the same time zooming back on the lens.
To take overall action shots, use a tripod. If you can hand hold thats fine, but the camera much be steady and the shutter speed quick to freeze action.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024