Tamron Nikon Z mount lenses

7 months 3 weeks ago #660607 by Matt Nguyen
Will Tamron ever release a native Z mount lens that doesn't require the FTZ adapter?  

https://www.tamron.eu/service/compatibility-nikon-z-and-canon-eos-r/

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 3 weeks ago #660632 by garyrhook
A Z mount lens, be definition, would not require an adapter.

Given the amount of time it takes to design a lens, and considering we don't know whether Nikon shares design information with competitors, I would expect it to be at least next year before we see a third party lens. And I would think we'd see features that Nikon isn't focusing on. Like really, really fast glass.

But what do I know?

Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago - 7 months 3 weeks ago #660660 by effron

garyrhook wrote: A Z mount lens, be definition, would not require an adapter.

Given the amount of time it takes to design a lens, and considering we don't know whether Nikon shares design information with competitors, I would expect it to be at least next year before we see a third party lens. And I would think we'd see features that Nikon isn't focusing on. Like really, really fast glass.
But what do I know?

I concur,  likely macro or a super zoom, like a 16-600 f/4 or similar.......:P
I actually think many manufacturers will be slow in mirrorless glass production for a while, the capital investment alone could be staggering.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

7 months 3 weeks ago #660815 by Photo Junky
Looks like you got your answer.  I will say, Tamron is finally pushing out a better looking and performing lens.  Like Sigma, they have some sexy looking glass.  Not to mention, they are just awesome. 

Photo Comments

7 months 1 day ago #663581 by Matt Nguyen
OK, well can't wait to see more options hit the market.  Just saying.  

Photo Comments

7 months 1 day ago #663616 by effron
You'll have to wait but me thinks, not too long.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

6 months 3 weeks ago #664359 by Finn
Tamron just released a few new lenses for Sony, I'll bet they will now move to either Canon or Nikon mirrorless options.  

Photo Comments

6 months 3 weeks ago #664770 by effron

Matt Nguyen wrote: OK, well can't wait to see more options hit the market.  Just saying.  

There are already a few and you never stated what type you seek....Do a search.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666120 by Greg Friedman
Now companies like Tamron and Sigma, do they make their own glass elements? 

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666135 by garyrhook

Greg Friedman wrote: Now companies like Tamron and Sigma, do they make their own glass elements? 

If you look at their main websites, you find that they are both optics companies. I'd go with "yes".

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666147 by effron

garyrhook wrote: If you look at their main websites, you find that they are both optics companies. I'd go with "yes".

Yup, and they both seem to be improving and both have some products that seriously appeal to me.....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

6 months 3 days ago #666929 by Stanly
Sorry, I've just never been a fan of Tamron.  I would rather suggest Sigma glass if you want to go the aftermarket route. 

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #668637 by Nikon Shooter

Stanly wrote: Sorry, I've just never been a fan of Tamron… 

Nor am I of Sigma… just saying!

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

5 months 2 weeks ago #668644 by effron
Tamron and Sigma have upped their game lately, some of their newer products are quite good.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

In the Fujifilm X-T2 vs Fujifulm X-T3 battle, which one comes out on top? These cameras are evenly matched, yet have distinct advantages all their own.

May 05, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

What is a graduated ND filter? Do you know how to use a graduated ND filter? If not, check out this landscape photography tutorial!

May 21, 2020

My favorite drone is the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. But after spending the last few weeks playing with the Mavic Air 2, I've come to the conclusion that it's the best drone you can buy for less than $1,000.

May 21, 2020

There are more ways to carry camera gear than the strap that came with your camera. Give one of these beautiful, well-made, comfortable options a try.

May 20, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Offering your clients a high-quality photo album is a great idea. Offering them bespoke photo album add-ons is an even better option!

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

In this Snaptiles vs Mixtiles comparison, learn which photo tile is better from a build quality standpoint and ease of use.

May 19, 2020