Have you checked out this lens?

13 years 4 months ago #8038 by Monster
I was doing research on a used 12-24mm that I might buy and came across Ken Rockwelll talking about Nikon's new 24mm f/1.4 lens. He gives it great reviews, but this thing is nearly $2200! How long till you think the price goes down on this? Ken says this could be the only wide angle lens many will need. If you haven't seen this yet, here is a link: www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675829-US...kor_24mm_f_1_4G.html

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #8044 by Screamin Scott
Just remember that on a "crop" sensor, it's more like the angle of view of a 36mm lens (not very wide)....My only nit pick is that there is no aperture ring, (just call me old fashioned but I like having a ring)...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #8065 by Monster

Screamin Scott wrote: Just remember that on a "crop" sensor, it's more like the angle of view of a 36mm lens (not very wide)....My only nit pick is that there is no aperture ring, (just call me old fashioned but I like having a ring)...

Good point, so a full frame camera is needed to appreciate this lens for what it was built for.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #8907 by Stealthy Ninja
I'd be a bit wary of Ken Rockwell. He says some... let's just say "interesting" things. :blink:

As for the lens, it's pretty awesome by all accounts. Don't worry about it not having an aperture ring, you don't need it. :D
13 years 4 months ago #9074 by Scotty
Some landscape photographers love this lens, but I think it'd be more practical in weddings. At 24mm if I was doing serious landscape or architecture, I'd go PC-E for around the same price.

If you like the 24mm focal length, in AF there's no better option nikon wise.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9140 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: Some landscape photographers love this lens, but I think it'd be more practical in weddings. At 24mm if I was doing serious landscape or architecture, I'd go PC-E for around the same price.

If you like the 24mm focal length, in AF there's no better option nikon wise.

Wiser words were never spoken (unless it was by me ;) ).

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024