did anyone get there lens from walmart

13 years 4 months ago #9726 by luckywish1
did anyone get there lens from walmart. i someone told me if you buy them from walmart they dont have good lens feedback on them either.
im thinking about checking some of them out on ebay when i get my camera. next month im geting a new camera nikon d3100 does anyone know about that one i need feedback on nikon d3100

13 years 4 months ago #9731 by Screamin Scott
The lenses Walmart sells for Nikon cameras are from Nikon so whoever told you they don't have good "feedback" doesn't really know what they are talking about. That said, they only have "consumer" grade lenses, so you are not going to find top quality lenses, but then you are getting what you pay for. The consumer grade lenses are good optically, they just don't have the build quality & faster apertures that the "pro" versions have (plus they don't cost as much either)....When buying lenses for the 3100, remember that in order to get a lens that both auto focuses & meters with that camera, it needs to be an "Af-s" lens. These have built in focusing motors & you will need them since the camera body doesn't have a focus motor built in...Other lenses can still be used but the feature set will be limited....Older AF lenses will meter but not AF. Manual focus lenses can be used, but metering & focusing have to be done manually...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #9801 by luckywish1
thank you for clearing that up for me because im just learning here. do you think i should buy some lens from ebay at all?

13 years 4 months ago #9871 by Screamin Scott
I've bought lots of items (including lenses) from eBay. You just have to make sure you know what it is you are bidding on as many times the sellers may not know either. Plus, look at a person's feedback score. If it's not in the high 90's ,stay away....You would be better off buying used lenses from KEH ( keh.com ) as they are great to deal with & their gear ratings are very conservative. I've gotten "bargain" lenses that looked better than ones listed as excellent on eBay...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #10016 by luckywish1
i will have my teacher help me get my lens for my new camera when i get my camera

13 years 4 months ago #10019 by luckywish1
here is a good one for you. the other day my husband was talking to someone that sells camera and lens at walmart she told ed that he shouldnt get the lens at walmart because they arent good effect of them. and they have a bad feedbsck reviews on them too she said

13 years 4 months ago #10021 by Scotty

luckywish1 wrote: here is a good one for you. the other day my husband was talking to someone that sells camera and lens at walmart she told ed that he shouldnt get the lens at walmart because they arent good effect of them. and they have a bad feedbsck reviews on them too she said

I don't know what that means.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #10025 by luckywish1
she said the lens arent any good at walmart. people pictures dont come out that good when they get ones from walmart. and a sale person said this to ed the other day. the person that work in camera and lens department of walmart

13 years 4 months ago #10026 by Scotty

luckywish1 wrote: she said the lens arent any good at walmart. people pictures dont come out that good when they get ones from walmart. and a sale person said this to ed the other day. the person that work in camera and lens department of walmart

The photo lab department?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 4 months ago #10027 by luckywish1
yes

13 years 4 months ago #10028 by luckywish1
the photo lab department she sells camera and lens

13 years 4 months ago #10030 by luckywish1
check this one out this one is at staples lens for nikon d3100
www.staples.com/Nikon-55-200mm-AF-S-DX-V...794238?cmArea=SEARCH

the price is 229.00 for Nikon 55-200mm AF-S DX VR Zoom-NIKKOR Lens
•Designed exclusively for Nikon DX format SLR cameras
•Versatile and ultra-compact with a powerful focal length range of 55-200mm
•Ideal 3.6X zoom lens for portraiture, sports or wildlife

13 years 4 months ago #10067 by Pops
The bad feedback is probably on the customer service, not the lens itself. On items such as this there is more to a return than just taking it in and dropping it on the counter.

Pops

13 years 4 months ago #10094 by luckywish1
the bad feedback came from someone that work in photo lab and she sell camera and lens at walmart she told ed that the lens at walmart arent that good. they dont take good pictures at all.

13 years 4 months ago #10396 by crystal
Buying lenses from walmart, best buy or any other retail store doesn't matter. The lenses come from Nikon, Canon etc.. Walmart doesn't make them. Anyone who tells you that such lens sucks because it came from Walmart, have no idea what they are talking about.

No matter what brand you buy, the more expensive lens will be better then the cheaper lens because of the glass in the lens. However most of us can not afford thousands of dollars on really good lenses (which are not sold at Walmart).

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024