My Daughter Katie

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112702 by weatherchick
Opinions please! :)

weatherchick
Attachments:
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112714 by MLKstudios
A little soft, but a classic pose and a great smile.

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 9 months ago #112725 by Baydream

MLKstudios wrote: A little soft, but a classic pose and a great smile.

:)

:agree: And actually, a little softness in this type of shot can be an asset. This works either way. Well done.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: weatherchick
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112758 by Stealthy Ninja
Why the yellow tint?

A little softness on the skin is fine, but in this case her bra strap is in focus..... :blink:

Next time focus on the eyes. that's a really important area to get in focus.
12 years 9 months ago #112786 by liam
as stated the focus and i would tip the top of her head to the left a little or bring her chin right a little and even out the amount of white on both sided of her eyes. I love the lighting and post on it tho!
12 years 9 months ago #112915 by weatherchick
Thank you for the critiques,,,I am very new to photography so I appreciate the help! :)

weatherchick
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #112917 by weatherchick
@Stealthy Ninja:

Ummm.....it's a sundress strap...anyways...maybe cropping a little more will help?

weatherchick
12 years 9 months ago #113235 by photobod

weatherchick wrote: @Stealthy Ninja:

Ummm.....it's a sundress strap...anyways...maybe cropping a little more will help?

Nooooo no more cropping Erin, thats great as it is, its a beautiful family photo that you will treasure forever, thats what counts, yes its soft but so what in this case it looks nice, dont worry about the straps being in focus or if it bothers you take it into photoshop and soften them as well and as for Liam he has a fetish for seeing whites of the eyes on both sides, no offence Liam but it isnt a must, just take a look at many photos of models and you will see this classic pose.
Very nice attempt Erin and now you know to focus on those eyes :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 9 months ago #113363 by Stealthy Ninja

photobod wrote:

Nooooo no more cropping Erin, thats great as it is, its a beautiful family photo that you will treasure forever, thats what counts, yes its soft but so what in this case it looks nice, dont worry about the straps being in focus or if it bothers you take it into photoshop and soften them as well and as for Liam he has a fetish for seeing whites of the eyes on both sides, no offence Liam but it isnt a must, just take a look at many photos of models and you will see this classic pose.
Very nice attempt Erin and now you know to focus on those eyes :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

You're a nice guy David. But people need to hear how to improve dude. ;)

This photo is ok. But it definately can be better.

Like I said before, focus on the eyes, not the bra strap sundress strap. :):blink:

Go out and try again. You'll get a even better photo to treasure. :thumbsup:
12 years 9 months ago #113505 by BCP

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

photobod wrote:

You're a nice guy David. But people need to hear how to improve dude. ;)

This photo is ok. But it definately can be better.

Like I said before, focus on the eyes, not the bra strap sundress strap. :):blink:

Go out and try again. You'll get a even better photo to treasure. :thumbsup:

I agree, the photo would have been a much greater treasure had the eyes been the focal point.
12 years 9 months ago #113510 by weatherchick
Ok, ok...I'll try again...soon...:)

weatherchick
12 years 9 months ago #113575 by BCP
Best of luck! :)
12 years 9 months ago #114743 by PasterJohn
I love the photograph. Actually as is, I can see it on a church's flyer. :thumbsup:

12 years 9 months ago #114753 by weatherchick

PasterJohn wrote: I love the photograph. Actually as is, I can see it on a church's flyer. :thumbsup:

Awwww...Thanks! :)

weatherchick
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #114935 by photobod

weatherchick wrote:

PasterJohn wrote: I love the photograph. Actually as is, I can see it on a church's flyer. :thumbsup:

Awwww...Thanks! :)

See we are not all over critical like some Erin, if people read posts properly they wouldnt make half the wrong comments they do, they think I was saying leave it at that and in there haste to make a retort they dont get to read the last few words which are the ones to help you, let me remind them, "now you know focus on the eyes" its true I am a nice guy and I will give constructive criticism in a pleasant way, I stand by the fact that your portrait as it stands is a family treasure, thats not saying it is photographically correct :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: some people :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024