Angie 2

3 years 5 months ago #700176 by Pitter
Click on image for undistorted view

3 years 5 months ago #700213 by John Landolfi
When will you stop deforming our images?

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700214 by Nikon Shooter

John Landolfi wrote: When will you stop deforming our images?

… it's more than two months now! :angry:  :ohmy:  :blink:  :slapface:

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700222 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day mate

Another beaut image from you - you certainly have mastered your portraits ... a 'well done' from me

Phil from the great land Downunder

www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Pitter
3 years 5 months ago #700223 by Ozzie_Traveller
G'day John

This is what my laptop is displaying for me ..... it looks okay at my end

for reference... Toshiba Laptop, win7, Firefox

Hope this helps

Attachments:
3 years 5 months ago #700225 by Nikon Shooter
Sure thing Phil…
you and your laptop are hanging upside down! :P

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700264 by Ozzie_Traveller

Nikon Shooter wrote: Sure thing Phil…
you and your laptop are hanging upside down! :P

no no no me ol mate, you've gotit rong ...... it's "downside up"
Phil

3 years 5 months ago #700269 by Nikon Shooter
Right Phil!

The confusion got me because of the dizziness
over the Ashmore Islands!   :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700291 by John Landolfi
What's your point, Phil? That I have an inferior computer?. What about NS, and many others? Should I chuck my desktop and get a Toshiba laptop? I have been on this site since its beginning, and crap like this has never happened until now. If you have a constructive suggestion, please, make it

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700292 by Nikon Shooter

John Landolfi wrote: What's your point, Phil?

Hi John,

Believe me saying that, though he is not affected, Phil is as
puzzles as we are with…
  • the sudden apparition of that distortion,
  • its long lasting uncorrected state
  • the fact that not all get it.
BTW, his laptop is only good when operated downside up!  :rofl:

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago #700303 by Shadowfixer1
I haven't used Firefox in years. I don't know if that makes a difference. I've tried 3 other browsers and all vertical images display as squashed. Strange indeed. 
3 years 5 months ago #700306 by Pitter
I'm using the Safari browser on a desk top Mac and all vertical images are squashed until you click on them.

3 years 5 months ago #700318 by Nikon Shooter
Same here! :(

Photo Comments
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #700395 by Ozzie_Traveller

John Landolfi wrote: What's your point, Phil? That I have an inferior computer?. What about NS, and many others? Should I chuck my desktop and get a Toshiba laptop? I have been on this site since its beginning, and crap like this has never happened until now. If you have a constructive suggestion, please, make it

G'day John

I'm a bit miffed by your response - so If I offended in any way please accept that it was unintended

I was trying to advise you - and indirectly also to the mods here - that the "problem" is bigger than just you, the author and NS .... that because some hardware is showing it 'okay' and others are having 'problems' indicates something more substantial that a simple fix

From my days in the I.T. world, I can well realise that due to software mods by "a certain big-name company" to what are recognised industry-standard (what I will call) "code-libraries" then more and more of these issues will become evident and annoy the bejeezes out of us and the I.T. team behind this site

Phil

3 years 5 months ago #700401 by John Landolfi
No offence seen in your post, just wondering how it was clarifying matters to know that some people are seeing undistorted images. Your further remarks clarify your point. Would you clarify what modifications in the OS could cause this? I use windows 10, 64 bit, and have for quite a while without problems. Perhaps it has to do with graphic cards?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024