Catalogue Project for a National Distributor

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #591877 by Nikon Shooter
A possible client wants to see what kind of work we can produce
to illustrate his 2019 / 2020 catalogue. These glasses are for some
of poor quality… we had a day to get a shot so did not lose time
looking for better ones but invested more time in studio work. We
had a chance to try the new flashes and got this among others…

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #591890 by effron
I believe I like the style....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

4 years 1 month ago #591917 by Nikon Shooter
Thanks effron but the critical sharpness is gone when displayed here… got an idea why?

Photo Comments

4 years 1 month ago #592182 by garyrhook
I like this.

Nikon Shooter wrote: Thanks effron but the critical sharpness is gone when displayed here… got an idea why?

Every server will compress images. Often severely. This is done to reduce bandwidth requirements (and storage, we assume). The better/higher quality/larger the original, the better off you'll be at the end. I keep my JPGs at 2048 pixels on the long edge, at 80% or higher quality (LR). Starting with a PNG is also a good strategy.

Others will (also) post on Flickr and provide links here.

Photo Comments

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #592200 by Nikon Shooter

garyrhook wrote: I like this.

Thanks Gary! :)

Nikon Shooter wrote: Every server will compress images. Often severely. This is done to reduce bandwidth requirements (and storage, we assume).

I don't use social media but my website.

Should I understand that my pictures are saved on the server
or simply linked as I intended to?

Photo Comments

4 years 1 month ago #592281 by effron
There's still some compression here....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

4 years 3 weeks ago #593865 by garyrhook
The image is only 1200 x 800. I wouldn't expect excellence from that.

I see that the image is coming from photocdn, so no, it's not on the PT server. And it should be left alone, I think. I grabbed a copy and it's 1/2 MB in size, which is pretty good for something of those dimensions. I think perhaps the original is just small.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Sony Alpha a6000 mirrorless digital camera review, get the scoop on this camera's specs and features, and learn why it's a great beginner camera.

Jul 05, 2022

The Nikon Z FC specs are quite impressive, and when paired with the retro-style body, you get a fun and capable camera for enthusiast shooters.

May 31, 2022

In this Nikon Z5 review, we'll discuss the specs, features, pros, and cons of this enthusiast-level camera. We'll also offer tips on where to buy one on the cheap!

May 10, 2022

The Leica Q (Typ 116) is a fantastic camera for intermediate and advanced shooters. Is it the best choice for you, though? Find out in this detailed review!

Apr 28, 2022

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Leica M10 is an excellent rangefinder camera, but it has a hefty price tag. Is it worth the money? Find out in this M10 buyer's guide!

Aug 15, 2022

There are many options for the best zoom lens for Sony a6000. Get a few top ideas in this detailed guide!

Aug 15, 2022

One of the advantages of owning a Nikon is all the Nikon camera accessories that can help you capture better images and videos.

Aug 15, 2022

With these passive income photography ideas, you can expand your revenue stream without putting in a bunch of time and effort.

Aug 10, 2022

There are many types of canvas prints. The question is, which one is right for you? Use this guide to find out!

Aug 10, 2022

Photography storytelling can be done in many ways with different subjects through various mediums. Use these tips to learn more about telling stories with your photos.

Aug 08, 2022

Effective photography marketing requires pursuing multiple avenues for advertising your business. Get some insight into how to market your business in this guide.

Aug 08, 2022

As a beginner photographer, there are many different digital camera features to learn. This guide introduces you to some of the most important ones.

Aug 03, 2022