Catalogue Project for a National Distributor

6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #591877 by Nikon Shooter
A possible client wants to see what kind of work we can produce
to illustrate his 2019 / 2020 catalogue. These glasses are for some
of poor quality… we had a day to get a shot so did not lose time
looking for better ones but invested more time in studio work. We
had a chance to try the new flashes and got this among others…

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #591890 by effron
I believe I like the style....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #591917 by Nikon Shooter
Thanks effron but the critical sharpness is gone when displayed here… got an idea why?

Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #592182 by garyrhook
I like this.

Nikon Shooter wrote: Thanks effron but the critical sharpness is gone when displayed here… got an idea why?

Every server will compress images. Often severely. This is done to reduce bandwidth requirements (and storage, we assume). The better/higher quality/larger the original, the better off you'll be at the end. I keep my JPGs at 2048 pixels on the long edge, at 80% or higher quality (LR). Starting with a PNG is also a good strategy.

Others will (also) post on Flickr and provide links here.

Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #592200 by Nikon Shooter

garyrhook wrote: I like this.

Thanks Gary! :)

Nikon Shooter wrote: Every server will compress images. Often severely. This is done to reduce bandwidth requirements (and storage, we assume).

I don't use social media but my website.

Should I understand that my pictures are saved on the server
or simply linked as I intended to?

Photo Comments
6 years 1 week ago #592281 by effron
There's still some compression here....

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
6 years 2 days ago #593865 by garyrhook
The image is only 1200 x 800. I wouldn't expect excellence from that.

I see that the image is coming from photocdn, so no, it's not on the PT server. And it should be left alone, I think. I grabbed a copy and it's 1/2 MB in size, which is pretty good for something of those dimensions. I think perhaps the original is just small.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

I’ve been testing the Vanguard VEO 5 264CB-160S for several weeks now, and I have to say that my first impressions are nothing but good. Vanguard has knocked it out of the park yet again!

Jul 01, 2024

The Fujifilm X-H2s is Fuji’s flagship hybrid APS-C mirrorless camera. It launched in the summer of 2022 and has been impressing photographers and videographers alike ever since!

Jun 17, 2024

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R1 was finally released last week, and the question is - does it live up to the hype? Let’s dive in and explore firsthand what this camera does and doesn’t offer.

Jul 23, 2024

Improving your photography skills takes time, effort, and dedication. But with these unique exercises, you can make the process of becoming a better photographer more fun, too!

Jul 23, 2024

Night street photography is a fun pursuit with opportunities to develop your skills with portraiture, light trails, and architectural photography skills - and your nighttime photography skills, too!

Jul 22, 2024

The Canon EOS R5 Mark II has been unveiled, but it has a hefty price tag. If it’s out of your budget, the original Canon EOS R5 is a fantastic option. Learn more about it in this guide!

Jul 18, 2024

The Sigma DP2 Quattro is a rare breed. It’s a large-sensor point-and-shoot camera with a 29MP sensor and a 30mm f/2.8 fixed lens. The question is, who is this camera for? Let’s find out!

Jul 17, 2024

You need to try unique newborn photography ideas from time to time to keep your inspiration levels up. With the ideas in this guide, you can do just that!

Jul 17, 2024

What is the best landscape lens for photography - a prime or a zoom? The answer is a little murky, as it depends on the specific situation. Learn more about these lenses in this detailed guide!

Jul 16, 2024

Lightning photography is a tricky beast, but with the right tips, tricks, and tools, you can make the most of the next storm that rolls through. Learn some essential techniques in this guide!

Jul 16, 2024